APPRENTICE SUPPORT WORKER
APPRENTICE SUPPORT WORKER 31166
About this opportunity
Parkside Care Home in Oldham are looking for a standout colleague who is passionate about providing person centred and holistic care.
A normal day would include:
To work responsibly to provide care for the residents under the guidance and supervision of the Registered Manager and Senior Care Assistants. To work co-operatively and communicate effectively to undertake other activities that assist in the running of the home. To treat all people fairly, uphold their dignity and protect the privacy of the residents in the home.
To support the nursing staff and care assistants in the following areas:
• To provide a high standard of individualised care to each resident. Assist residents with all aspects of personal care, including washing, dressing, undressing, bathing, toileting, mobilising and feeding as required, whilst promoting independence at all times
• To ensure that you have an awareness of the care plans for each resident and that all care is given in accordance with these
• To assist in encouraging residents to participate in social events and activities
• To assist at mealtimes by serving meals and ensuring that the residents are consuming adequate and proper diets. Reporting to the nurse on duty any problems in this area
• Help to maintain high standards of hygiene where it directly involves the residents, their belongings and any equipment
• To participate in meetings with residents and staff, thus helping to maintain satisfactory relationships and communications
• Assist the nurse on duty by carrying out designated tasks promptly and efficiently
• To be acquainted with the homes policies and procedures
• To treat with utmost confidentiality details of residents, colleagues and the home
• To assist in the promotion of the home, and help to raise the profile of the home with other health care professionals and the general public
• The candidate will be expected to work within the home to care for clients to include undertaking personal care, feeding, bathing etc.
• The candidate will be expected to work under the supervision of senior care assistant
• The candidate will be expected to work under pressure, be able to prioritise work load, work within a team and on their own
• Candidates will be responsible and accountable for their own actions
What you could go on to do
Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
What you should have to apply
• Good standard of Maths & English
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Presentable appearance
• Fun and friendly personality
• Reliable and conscientious.
• Good organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Willingness to undertake any training provided ability to work on own initiative
• Team player
• Excellent communication skill