Apprentice Support Worker – Barrow VAC-40047
This listing has expired
To provide support to individuals in order to enable them to achieve as much independence and autonomy as possible and participate in a wide range of experiences of their choosing.
Support and Care:
Support individuals to lead a full and active life in line with their wishes and choices, considering their assessed needs. Get to know people as individuals, what is important to them, how they want to be supported and what they want to achieve. Have a flexible and innovative approach to facilitating and supporting the people who use our service in decision making, promoting choice and involvement at all times.
• Support individuals to stay safe, taking appropriate action to safeguard their welfare and protect them from abuse wherever possible.
• Provide individuals with emotional support when needed whilst maintaining a person-centred approach with all aspects of individuals’ support, adapting to their different individual needs.
• Support individuals to participate in their chosen activities and to access other services and facilities within their community.
• Support individuals in achieving their outcomes in the way that they choose.
• Support individuals to maintain and extend an appropriate circle of support (friends, family etc.) in accordance with their wishes.
• Support individuals to manage their finances responsibly as required in accordance with safeguarding procedures, support plans and risk assessments in line with the organisation policies and procedures.
• Support individuals to manage their medication responsibly as required in accordance with safeguarding procedures, support plans and risk assessments in line with the organisation policies and procedures and following any other relevant guidance provided by health professionals. In registered services, NICE guidelines will also apply.
• Support individuals to maintain a clean and safe environment appropriate to their needs.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Working Week : 35 hours per week – shift work MAY INCLUDE NIGHTS.
Weekly Wage : £274.05
Application Deadline: 25-02-2019
Possible Start Date : 04-03-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV