Apprentice Support Worker – Booth Centre – Southampton
Apprentice Support Worker – Booth Centre – Southampton VAC-38882
The role of Support Worker with The Salvation Army is an inspirational one and key to achieving successful outcomes for our vulnerable clients. As a motivated and dynamic Support Worker you will be responsible for developing and delivering a high quality programme of support which promotes client choice and control. You will address client support needs, enable them to achieve positive life changes and ultimately empower them to lead more sustainable lifestyles.
The work of the Homelessness Services Unit is underpinned by our Strategic Mission Plan. In this document we have set out to ensure that our programmes encourage purpose and relationships, a sense of community and provide support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
– Understand and work within the Mission and Values of The Salvation Army acting in a professional and ethical way at all times when representing the organisation.
– Respect the diversity of other people’s culture, faith and practice.
– Carry out any client checks, planning and risk assessments as needed.
– Facilitate client meetings and other client participation methods
– Ensure locally established internal and contractual KPIs are achieved.
– Conduct regular client support plan reviews within contractual timeframes and ensure clients achieve their identified goals in accordance with Salvation Army policy.
– Ensure good communication with Assistant Support Workers, volunteers and other staff working with clients so they are aware of and involved in addressing the needs of clients as defined by their support plans.
– Support and develop volunteers, this may include on the job training, mentoring and day to day monitoring of allocated tasks
– Stay up to date with and work within regulations, policy, procedures and best practice in all fields relevant to work areas.
Our Core Values
All our work is based on Christian principles. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our core values of:-
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Weekly Wage : £229.45
Application Deadline: 03-12-2018
Possible Start Date : 10-12-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV