Apprentice Technical Support Analyst – Wilmslow (SK9) – 16858
This listing has expired
Join a rapidly expanding software company using modern programming techniques to produce high quality, industrial strength SaaS software. The company is developing an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform with a pluggable infrastructure supporting the delivery of cloud-based software to all sizes of businesses.
We are looking for ambitious, motivated and confident individual with a passion for IT to join our support organisation.
Working in a junior role you will be fully trained in all aspects of software support, configuration, quality control, installation and the product development life cycle. This position represents an excellent opportunity for young individuals to train to become a fully qualified IT support professional, software engineer or professional services consultant.
During your training you will build up your knowledge and experience over a 24-month period at which point you would be expected to progress into a fully qualified role and more senior position within the company.
The successful candidate will join our technical support and customer relations team working with an international customer base, the role demands a large amount of customer interaction. You will handle technical enquiries from customers via phone and email and will be expected to manage the problems from their inception to closure providing our customers with a high quality, prompt, reliable and courteous service.
Other key responsibilities, once proficient, include:
• Software Testing.
• Answering Inbound Customer Support Calls
• Incident Management and Escalation
• Professional Services, some of which may be on-site at customers.
• Out-Of-Hours Support (Remunerated).
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent Understanding of Windows
- Good Organisation skills.
- Energetic and Enthusiastic.
- Sociable, Team player with a good appreciation of business and customer needs.
- Technical skills
- Familiar with Unix/Linux Systems.
- knowledge of Unix scripting (Desirable)
- Understanding of Networks and SQL (Desirable)
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent) at grades D and above
- You must not already hold a qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30
£175 per week
- Great Opportunity for Career Progression
- Excellent Work facilities (Games Room)
- Pension: We pay 3% into pension scheme and that kicks in after probationary period. They also have to pay a minimum of 3%
- Holiday Entitlement: 20 Day + 1 day additional day per completed year of full time service
- Christmas Period: The office closes with the last day being the 21st December and re-opens on the 2nd January
- Annual Bonus Scheme
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV