Apprentice Technical Support Engineer – OXON (OX14) – 16633
This listing has expired
Sophos makes IT security simple with complete solutions that protect networks, servers and devices, wherever they are located. Today, more than 100 million users in 150 countries and a global network of channel partners rely on Sophos for trusted solutions to complex security challenges. Focused on innovation and backed by a global network of Sophos Labs threat intelligence centers and industry-leading support, Sophos delivers solutions that are simple to deploy, maintain and manage, enabling organizations to focus on performance and growth.
At Sophos, our mission is ‘to be the best in the world at delivering complete IT security to small and midmarket enterprises and the channel that serves them’.
Job overview / purpose:
At Sophos, we are known for our innovative technologies, products and services, and for the quality of the people behind us.
Working in the Technical Support team, the Support Engineer Apprentice will provide first class technical support to Sophos customers. This is delivered by troubleshooting, analysing, replicating and diagnosing issues in line with departmental service levels and best practice, with a focus on quality working and customer satisfaction.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide technical and customer support to Sophos customers by answering customer queries in line with departmental measures and targets, with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Record all activity in the department’s call logging system, updating cases according to departmental best practice in order that progress can be tracked with each customer’s incident, viewed via the customer portal and reports generated for high profile customers
- Analyse, clarify and prioritise customer queries though troubleshooting and researching, using existing knowledgebase articles/known issues and personal investigation
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Ensure cases are owned by the Engineer/Specialist best suited to solve the issue, by timely escalation according to departmental best practice
- Adhere to Sophos support services best practices
- Actively participate in team and departmental meetings by providing feedback on current day to day activity
- Use and create knowledgebase (knowledge centric support) articles in line with knowledge centric support best practice
- Complete regular product/technology training to remain up to date with developments of the Sophos solution
- Participate in departmental projects
This role provides technical and customer support to Sophos customers via shift patterns during the week as per the department’s Rota.
- Operates with energy, direction, speed and quality
- Experience in a customer facing role, with the ability to provide a first class customer service experience
- A strong interest in Technology
- Experience in a team environment
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiency
- Telephone skills – ability to handle a high volume of telephone calls
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written skills
- IT Literacy – MS Office, email
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload
- Experience of supporting external customers over the phone
- Experience using Remote Access to support customers
- Computer Skills – Setting up, upgrading, trouble shooting, installation and configuration
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£15,000 – £18,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
The remuneration package includes:
- Annual holiday entitlement of 25 days
- Group personal pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Death in service policy (life assurance)
- Permanent health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Personal accident cover
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV