Apprentice IT Technician – Harrow LSAIT – HAR - HA1
This listing has expired
Salary: Up to £7,800
The primary role of the Apprentice Technician is to provide 1st Level support to all ‘users’ with an educational environment. The work will involve logging and resolving helpdesk calls and visiting classrooms providing support to staff and students. A Support Technician is part of the CTS Technical team, which comprises of approximately 100 staff.
The responsibilities include:
• Under the guidance of senior staff: Provide specialist ICT support that ensures the school establishes and maintains high quality learning facilities.
• Consistently deliver a customer focused helpdesk experience, ensuring that customers (users) are communicated with throughout the call.
• Use specialist skills/training/experience to support school’s staff & pupils ICT requirements.
• Maintenance of specialist equipment, check for quality/safety, undertake specialist repairs/modifications within own capabilities and arrange for other repairs/modifications to be carried out by others.
• Demonstrate and assist in the safe and effective use of specialist equipment/materials.
• Provide specialist advice and guidance as required to the school/College.
• Implement agreed work programmes/practices under the guidance of Senior Staff.
• Monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• As this is a customer facing you will have good interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues and know when to escalate issues to Managers
• Able to communicate, both verbally and in writing, technical information at the appropriate level
• Driving licence would be an advantage but would also consider candidates with a motorcycle or moped licence
• Due to working in a school environment, successful applicants will be subjected to a DBS check.
There is the potential of being permanently employed as an IT Technician with career progression.
IT Skills Management is the most successful company in placing apprentices in the IT sector and 92% of Microsoft IT Apprentices stay with the company with which they started their apprenticeship. We have a unique relationship with Microsoft and are their official partner for their highly accredited Apprenticeship Program, which has been designed for and developed by Microsoft Partner companies to help bring new talent into the industry. With various reports stating there is a large shortage of IT skills, which are needed to help the economic growth, this is an ideal time to join the IT industry.
Please note that full government funding is only available to candidates aged between 16 and 18 years and part funding may be available for those under the age of 24.
REGISTER YOUR CV