APPRENTICE WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE 31319
This listing has expired
About this opportunity
North West Hardware Ltd has an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice to work in the warehouse and stock control department. The Company recognises their success is down to their talented and growing pool of apprentices.
A normal day would include:
Duties will include:
• Checking items in and out of the warehouse
• Correct storage of products
• Picking, wrapping and packing of products for dispatch
• Serving Customers on the trade counter
• Quality audit of products and accurate stock control
• Loading/unloading vehicles
• Setting up and checking products before dispatch
• General housekeeping
• Follow all necessary safety rules and regulations, including the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
Comply with all Health and Safety requirements as instructed on induction and throughout your apprenticeship program. Be proactive at reporting potential hazards.
What you could go on to do
To learn all aspects of warehouse procedures and stock control including operating a trade counter.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by our expert training and assessment staff at The Growth Company and the skilled production and printing expertise in the workforce.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices.
What you should have to apply
• Desirable – GCSE’S grade C’s or above in Mathematics and English.
• Good use and application of computers.
• The company are interested in applicants who have a good attitude to work and working as part of the team
• A presentable person with a willingness to learn new skills.
• Good time management
• Adaptability to cope with working on different tasks
• Dependable, good time keeping is essential
• Flexible and positive attitude to personal development
• Eager to learn
• Motivated-self starter
• Good team player
• Able to communicate at all levels
• Must be IT literate and capable of working to deadlines.
• Good organisational skills
• A good level of Maths and English ability
• Able to use own initiative
• Good team player
• Supportive of others
REGISTER YOUR CV