Apprentice – Welding Apprentice – Telford
This listing has expired
As a Welding Apprentice you will be involved in using skilled techniques to make high strength joints between two or more parts. Using a range of welding processes and various metals, you will be required to meet the level of quality and inspection required in safety critcal work.
What Does The Apprenticeship Involve?
• Welders fabricate and assemble high integrity metal structures in aluminum or steel, using welding machines, grinders, cutting equipment and measuring tools.
• Welders produce metal products according to customer or employer specifications.
• Assist in the development of welding procedures.
• They use multiple welding machines to repair and maintain metal equipment and structures of various sizes and base materials.
• Welders read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and timeframes for projects.
• Welders set up, operate and maintain welding equipment.
• Develop an understanding of Non Destructive testing.
• They understand and implement personal and company safety measures relevant to the role.
• Communication skills are essential to work with team members and converse with customers and clients.
What Qualification Will You Get?
Fabrication and Welding Apprenticeship Level 3
How Will I Be Rewarded?
We offer competitive salaries and a range of employee benefits including, free higher education as well as access to the Company pension and share saving scheme.
Entry Requirements and what we are looking for
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/4-9 (or equivalent) including Maths, English and Science/technical subject
Overview of Business Unit
Land UK provides munitions, armoured vehicle services and bridging equipment to armed forces around the world. The munitions we provide include small arms ammunition, medium calibre, mortars, artillery shells, tank ammunition and warheads. Our range of vehicles includes the Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank, Warrior Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Terrier combat engineer vehicle and military bridging systems.
Supporting the armed forces with some of the most advanced combat vehicle and munitions capabilities in the world is one of the most exciting career moves you could make. We offer several business and engineering graduate opportunities each year and are looking for people with the passion, drive and skills to give the best they can every day, to make sure our troops receive only the best. In return, we offer you a role you can be proud of, that lets you grow and develop in the UK’s leading defence, aerospace and security company.
With major facilities in Cheshire, Monmouthshire, Shropshire and Tyne and Wear, our Land UK business employs over 1500 people and has a desire to grow, both in the UK and internationally. We invite you to join us and be part of a team that gives our customers a strategic edge on the battlefield by designing, manufacturing and supporting some of their most vital equipment.
Security/ Export Control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
REGISTER YOUR CV