Area Manager – FMCG
Area Manager – FMCG
If you’re looking for Area Manager jobs in Scotland & North East England and you’re interested in working for the biggest dairy food company in the UK, look no further than this brand new job role. A major British FMCG business, who have been operating since the 1980s, are looking for an ambitious and adaptable Area Manager to join their team.
In this Area Manager graduate job, you will be joining a leading FMCG company whose brands include many of the UK’s favourite dairy products – like Utterly Butterly, Clover and Cathedral City. A well-established business within the food industry, they have a number of offices up and down the UK, and are continuing to grow year-on-year. Having established relationships with major supermarkets, they are looking for an Area Manager to maintain and establish rapport with retailers around Scotland & North East England.
In this Area Manager graduate job, you will be reporting to the National Field Sales Manager, and will be responsible for keeping in regular contact with retail outlets across Scotland & North East England. You will be aiming to secure additional displays and facings, as well as auditing compliance to plans, sampling products, filling empty shelves and capturing/recording vital data and in-store activities to be used by the National Accounts, Customer Marketing and Supply Chain teams. Your role will be integral to the growth of business – as you will be working to build and sustain fantastic relationships with the major supermarket retailers.
Please note: A driving licence is essential for this remote based role
In this Area Manager graduate job, your role will include:
- Developing effective relationships with major retailers
- Spending time out of office with regular visits to retailers across the Scotland & North East England
- Monitoring and improving the display and distribution of dairy products within the retail outlets
- Meeting and exceeding targets, and consistently identifying opportunities for business growth
Internal and external communication, particularly with the wider Commercial, Customer Marketing, Marketing & Supply Chain teams
- Demonstrating full knowledge of products in order to educate and motivate retailers
- Managing all stock levels by assessing store databases and recommending base sales figures
- Carrying out in-store product sampling to drive customer awareness order to educate and motivate customers in a professional manner
- Attending regular meetings and trade shows
- Accurately recording all information of in-store activity
- Ensuring that all administration is accurately completed
- Graduated with a 2.2 degree from university
- A proven track record of good relationship building and excellent communication skills: internally and cross functionally at all levels
- Previous experience in the FMCG sector is desirable
- Some field sales experience would be beneficial
- Flawless communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and excellent organisational skills
- A business-savvy graduate, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bags of enthusiasm for all things FMCG!
- A driving licence is essential for this role
Benefits of the job
- A great starting salary of 28,000
- The chance to work with global brands and pitch to multinational retailers
- A company car with all business travel expenses paid for!
- Development opportunities
- Attractive workplace pension scheme and company bonus
- Discounted branded products
- Subsidised staff restaurant when on site
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Looking for Area Manager graduate jobs and want to work for a leading dairy food company? If you’re eager to kick-start your career within a globally renowned FMCG brand, don’t miss out – apply for this Area Manager job in Scotland & North East England today!