This listing has expired
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series.
They are now looking for an Artworker Apprentice to join their team!
To artwork cover, jacket and PLC files for division reprint and POD (print on demand) programmes and to artwork front covers for division eBook and digital conversion projects.
Ensure the timely supply of cover, jacket and PLC files for reprints and POD. Ensure the timely supply of front covers for eBook and digital conversion projects.
- Using archived cover, jacket, PLC files as a basis, take in textual, specification and branding corrections as requested and apply Bloomsbury cover template for reprints and/or POD supplier cover template for POD.
- Using archived front cover files as a basis, take in textual and branding corrections as requested for eBook and digital conversions.
- Check the quality of all images and logos, and chase in/purchase any needed replacements, securing Rights where required.
- Supply proof to Editor and Production Assistant for checking.
- On receipt of proof-read, marked-up proof, take in corrections until final artwork is signed off for print.
- On approval, upload print-ready files to company digital asset management system Collection Point, ready for distribution to book printer and/or POD supplier as appropriate.
- Update and maintain file approval status in Collection Point.
This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of duties. The need for flexibility is required and the job holder is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
All you need is EEWAP – Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
All you need is EEWAP which is:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION
REGISTER YOUR CV