Assistant Project Manager Apprentice – Bristol (BS1) – 15481
This listing has expired
Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts.
We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We are offering a brilliant opportunity to build a creative career, designing and delivering exciting work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
From your first day, you’ll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You’ll work with project managers in the management of projects from the beginning through planning, design, construction and handover. This will involve developing detailed plans for the delivery of projects and oversee progress during implementation. The projects you will work on will be developing our city regions and providing vital infrastructure for future generations. You’ll be working collaboratively with teams of specialists to solve complex problems, assisting with the preparation and management of contracts and coordinating project resources.
The projects can be very varied in size, location and complexity. For example, they may involve highways, bridges, airports, ports, rail schemes, major buildings and site development projects in the UK and internationally.
As an Apprentice, Arup will develop your competencies in the following areas:
- Project control
- Risk / opportunity and issue management
- Budgeting and cost management
- Information management and reporting
- Teamwork & collaboration
- Client focus
- Managing project scope
- Managing project schedule, quality and resources
- Problem solving
These skills will be developed through practical on-the-job training, working with experienced commercial and project managers across the business and classroom-based training.
You will be assigned a mentor within your team who you will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work.
We’re looking for a dynamic and committed person to join us as an apprentice.
Are you keen to build a fulfilling career in Project Management and deliver excellent services for clients? If so, we’d like to hear from you.
We’re looking for the following attributes and skills:
- Lots of enthusiasm for learning and are willing to achieve professional qualification
- Good numerical skills when working with numbers, spreadsheets and graphical information
- Someone who works well with other people
- Excellent communication skills within a team and external clients
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Interest in using computers for planning & design work, analysis, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
You should be able to demonstrate that you are:
- Willing to learn
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C including English and Science
- A minimum of 2 A-levels or BTEC Level 3 in a relevant subject
37.5 hours; Monday to Friday with block release for training and exams
£17,700 per annum
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You’ll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A generous salary
- Profit share scheme
- An extensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you’ll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- An exciting workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV