Assistant System Technician
Assistant System Technician
DXC Technology helps clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. For more than 60 years, we have successfully guided the world’s largest enterprises and government agencies through successful change cycles.
We take pride in our technology independence and our role as a trusted advisor. Our deep experience gives us a clear and confident vision to help clients navigate the future.
As the world’s leading independent, end-to- end IT services company, we are uniquely positioned to lead digital transformations — creating greater value for clients, partners and shareholders, and presenting growth opportunities for our people. We are among the world’s best corporate citizens.
Job overview / purpose:
As an Apprentice – IT Project Engineering you will be expected to:
- Build a strong working relationship with existing engineers.
- Learn new technologies.
- Grow your knowledge.
- Become a fully rounded and competent technical engineer with a solid, proactive work ethic.
- Potential to work an alternating shift pattern after initial development period to support 24/7 operation.
- Participation in server builds, configuration and operational readiness activities. Ability to perform ad-hoc requests relating to midrange technologies including migration of services and data, upgrade and vulnerability remediation.
- Systems & Software management — assist with packaging and deployment of basic integrated software solutions through tools and processes to allow for delivery of software to users. Ability to perform testing of packages and understand deployment processes, as well as patch management and operating systems deployment.
- Tools— Maintenance, configuration and implementation of both standard and bespoke toolsets.
- Storage— Assist with integrating, implementing, and supporting all disk storage technologies, including SAN and Direct Attached Storage. Supporting Enterprise Backup solutions used to backup and restore data. Develop, implement, and support back-up and recovery strategies.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited do]
Typical Outputs and Deliverables
- Troubleshooting/provide solution(s) to desktop Incidents/problems
- Management of incidents within the ticketing system and keeping the customer updated on progress Work to Service Level Agreements thresholds for incident(s) and problem(s)
- Technical desktop and laptop troubleshooting
- To work closely with internal teams
- Installation and configuration of new equipment / software
- Create, manage and evolve polices, processes and procedures
- Adhering to internal business processes.
What we are looking for:
- Keen interest in IT and Technology industry.
- Willing to learn and develop new skills
- Flexible in approach and ability to adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Enthusiasm to progress in a chosen technology.
- Resilient and energetic to succeed.
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Hours are 9:00am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£12,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV