Automated Test Developer Apprentice – Farnborough (GU14) – 16068
This listing has expired
Since its incorporation in 2001, Exclaimer has been providing a robust portfolio of email utility software and solutions that work directly with Microsoft technology, specifically Outlook, Office 365, Exchange and G Suite. Exclaimer’s patented solutions include market-leading email signature solutions, next generation email archiving, an advanced email auto response system, business grade anti-spam, email image analysis technology and more.
Job overview / purpose
As an Apprentice you will gain the understanding, skills and knowledge to become a professional QA Engineer. This includes tools, process and types of testing as well as an understanding of Business process and effective teamworking.At the end of the Apprenticeship, it is expected you will be contributing to the achievement of our Purpose, Vision and Strategy though the delivery of quality software features and verified issue fixes. As part of the apprenticeship you will be provided with training and support to enable you to achieve this goal.
- Active participation in meetings and discussions
- Discussion and analysis of issues and solutions both within the team and organisation
- Identifying tasks and implementing ways to effectively manage and prioritise them
- Compiling and maintaining test cases
- Testing of the application – Automated and Manually
- Updating user documentation and release notes
- Writing up accurate bug replication steps (including all associated data) to aid their remediation
- Understanding the lifetime of a bug from creation through to closure
- Learning approaches to formal testing and the software development lifecycle
- A willingness to learn and a desire to succeed
- A positive attitude to get involved and assist others
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for software development and testing
- Understanding of basic development practice with previous employers, or through out-of-hours projects
- Excellent computer-proficiency with Microsoft Office and other desktop applications
- Technically capable and keen to develop technical knowledge to be at the cutting edge
- Close attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Good written English
- Comfortable presenting new ideas to a team
- Professional attitude to the workplace
- Experience with a programming language, for example Python or Basic
- Some exposure to formal software testing
- Involvement with a software development project
Essential qualification required
- Education to ‘A’ Level or equivalent standard, or a level 3 apprenticeship or equivalent
37.5 hours per week.
Flexible working hours (flexible hours are between 8:00 AM and 6:30 PM, with core hours between 10:00 AM and 4:30 PM).
£15,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects
Discounts Benefits Program (operated by reward gateway – bit like a company subsidised GroupOn), and Stakeholder pension.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV