Automotive Apprentice (Id:101123)
This listing has expired
Employer: BCL AUTO CENTRE
Wage: £148.00 Per Week
Hours: 37.00 Per Week
Fantastic opportunity to kick start your Automotive career with a reputable garage that are based just outside Southampton centre. This garage can give you fabulous support on your apprenticeship journey !
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards. Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
GCSE’s passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in Maths and English will be completed.
The candidate will end up being trained also as an MOT tester and they will move into supervisory and management within the company.
The applicant needs to be a person that can not only be an excellent technician but has excellent customer service and can also be trained in taking on supervisory and management tasks in the future.
12 – 14 months
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in kick starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 2 & 3 in Automotive Apprentice Light Vehicle
- Functional Skills in Maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills.
REGISTER YOUR CV