Bar and Waiting Apprentice – Harvester – Montagu Arms – Slough VAC-27366
This listing has expired
A Fantastic Opportunity
Apprentices have the unique opportunity to learn throughout a 12 month structured training programme whilst taking on a full time position at one of our restaurants, pubs or bars within Mitchells and Butlers.
Over the 12 month training program, apprentices will develop their skills and knowledge of the industry. As a Bar & Waiting Apprentice, you’re the face of your brand for every guest that walks through our door so we’re looking for applicants are passionate about delivering the highest standard of customer service.
At Mitchells and Butlers we are dedicated to providing a bright future for all of our employees. The Bar and Waiting Apprenticeship is a great platform for those who love customer service and want to progress within the Hospitality industry.
To deliver great guest service and work well with the team to create a friendly, warm and welcoming environment with the key aim of ensuring our guests revisit us and recommend us to their family and friends.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Deliver excellent guest service, at all times by:
• Giving every guest a friendly welcome when they enter the business
• Explaining the service cycle, our products, our great offers and events
• Serving guests in turn, quickly and efficiently
• Using situational selling – making recommendations that are appropriate to the guest
• Serving and presenting all our food and drink products perfectly – product quality, temperature and brand standard
• Valuing our guests by engaging them in appropriate conversation / banter
• Valuing regular guests by remembering their names, their likes and dislikes, favourite products etc.
• Talking to every guest about the guest experience survey
• Checking guests are enjoying their meals
• Dealing with guest queries and complaints quickly and professionally
• Giving every guest a genuine farewell and encourage them to return
Communicate and work well with the kitchen team to ensure the delivery of great guest service.
Support the team by helping out others when required e.g. pot wash.
Involved in and contribute at team meetings.
Take pride to ensure the front of house areas, externals and toilets are clean and tidy, at all times.
Set up and closedown the department to brand standard including stock rotation. Complete daily and weekly cleaning tasks.
Keep up to date with current promotions and new products.
Maintain personal knowledge by completing in-house training, online eLearning and workbooks.
Always adhere to brand standards, licensing law and all company policies & procedures.
Carry out management team requests and brand instructions.
What we will offer you:
On top of developing you to become a brilliant Bar and Waiting Apprentice with us and paying you (obviously!)
• You’ll benefit from working in a fun and social environment
• Flexible shift options
• Up to 28 days’ holiday
• Plus, extra perks like 33% employee discount at our 1,700 restaurants & pubs and High Street shopping discounts.
16-17 years old – £4.00 an hour
18-20 years old – £5.00 an hour
21+ years old – £6.00 an hour
A little bit about Mitchells & Butlers:
Established in 1898, Mitchells & Butlers is one of the largest operators of restaurants, pubs and bars in the UK, providing a wide choice of eating and drinking-out experiences through our well-known brands such as All Bar One, Browns, Harvester and many more.
Did you know?
• The amount of chips Mitchells & Butlers sells each year is equivalent to 186 Space Shuttles!
• We sell 12,000 bath tubs worth of custard with our desserts every year!
• 240 double decker buses, that’s the weight of peas we get through each year!
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 Hours per week
Weekly Wage : £150.00
Application Deadline: 27-11-2017
Possible Start Date : 04-12-2017
REGISTER YOUR CV