Bar and Waiting Apprentice – Hearing Dogs for Deaf People – Princes Risborough
Bar and Waiting Apprentice – Hearing Dogs for Deaf People – Princes Risborough VAC-38783
To assist the kitchen and Front of House teams with the preparation, and presentation of food, basic cooking under the supervision of Head/Sous Chef and to assist with the kitchen duties to include the clearing and cleaning of any food preparation areas. To assist front of house service
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties and/or responsibilities:
1. Preparation of ingredients and basic cooking
2. To measure dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately and to adhere to food specs provided
3. Assist with kitchen deliveries and ensure stock rotation to eliminate wastage
4. Assist in the general preparation of the services at the unit.
5. Serve meals and snacks to all service points to the standards/specifications required by your line manager.
6. Be able to explain to team players/volunteers the name and ingredients of each dish prepared on site.
7. Follow set procedures for start and end of shift
8. Assist with FOH service/duties as required
9. To serve and clear tables as required
10. To handle cash/other payments effectively
Hygiene, health & safety:
1. To be responsible for carrying out your duties and those of other Company employees under your control, in a safe, hygienic and healthy manner.
2. To ensure that Company and statutory policies, procedures and practices are complied with.
3. To work in compliance with the Company Operations Manual, adhering to good working practice, current legislation and your practical knowledge in this duty.
4. To ensure that company and statutory regulations pertaining to Health, Safety & Hygiene are adhered to.
5. To bring to the attention of your Line Manager, any significant issues affecting the health, safety and welfare of yourself or your colleagues and employees or clients in the area you are responsible for.
6. To ensure a high standard of personal cleanliness to comply with company and statutory regulations of Hygiene, Health and Safety
7. To ensure that all accidents which occur in the kitchen or service areas are logged and reported to your line manager.
8. Once trained operate equipment to company standards and maintain it in a clean, hygienic and safe condition.
9. Complete daily cleaning duties as outlined in the unit’s cleaning procedures and ensure correct record keeping.
10. Complete all company documents as required
Communication & Meetings:
1. Communicate with customers in a proactive and professional manner, taking into consideration the needs of the hard of hearing due to the nature of the site – Hearing Dogs for Deaf People
2. To report and take action regarding customer or client complaints or compliments and take matters forward as directed/trained
3. Attend any company meetings as necessary.
4. Effectively communicate and report all operational problems to your line manager.
5. To ensure good communication with all colleagues, ensuring the dignity at work policy is adhered to at all times.
1. To ensure completion of all training is proactively followed and completed in the set timeframes required
2. If required, assist in the preparation of hospitality service(s) to the required unit standards.
3. If required, assist in wash up operations, and the receipt and deliveries of goods to the unit.
4. Carry out any reasonable request from management.
1. Comply with all company rules at all times.
2. To report to management immediately any accidents, fires, thefts, losses, damage, unit food issues or other irregularities.
3. To constantly think of ways to improve revenue, service and presentation of your area and communicate these to your line manager.
4. To undertake any other reasonable duty as requested by management.
5. Complete all company documents as required.
6. To deal with customers at all times in a friendly and helpful manner.
7. To receive any training that may be necessary.
8. To carry out any other reasonable request made by a superior.
9. The requirement to work in association with all kinds of food e.g. meats, poultry, fish, alcohol
10. The requirement to be present in the workplace at critical times e.g. serving times
Location: Princes Risborough
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week : 30 hours per week (Including Evenings & Weekends)
Weekly Wage : £177.00
Application Deadline: 21-01-2019
Possible Start Date : 28-01-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV