2020 UK Graduate Project Management Scheme
2020 UK Graduate Project Management Scheme 41404BR
2020 UK Graduate Project Management Scheme
Altrincham, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Colwyn Bay, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading and Sheffield.
What will you be getting up to?
Join us and you’ll be right in the thick of things. You’ll be part of a team that controls every aspect of the project life-cycle – from concept and definition to implementation and handover. Our project managers provide consultancy services to our clients throughout the development and construction process.
As a graduate project manager you will play a pivotal role. You’ll be ensuring that our clients’ projects are delivered on time, within budget and at the highest quality. Our approach to project management is based on the Project Management Institute’s Guide to the Body of Knowledge and includes additional components set out by the Association of Project Management and Office of Government Commerce. However, you will get to experience a range of project management methods, as we adapt our approach according to specific client needs and processes.
This is an extensive role with a lot going on. Our projects come in different sizes and complexities, so you’ll have the opportunity to gain a large amount of experience.
It doesn’t stop there. Our work spans a variety of sectors including environment and water, nuclear, oil and gas, property, transportation and advisory. The exposure you’ll receive from our multi-disciplinary projects will stand you in good stead for a flourishing career.
“Since starting I have achieved my postgraduate certificate in civil engineering and construction management and have gained my construction skills certification scheme card with full marks. I had the opportunity to attend the graduate weekend in London and found it to be a fantastic way to launch my career. I am now aiming to get my project management qualification through the Association for Project Management.” Hazel Easton, Graduate Project Manager
Where you’ll be based
We have opportunities in Altrincham, Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Colwyn Bay, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle, Reading & Sheffield.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for project management, as well as a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in Project Management, or Construction Management.
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in project management through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate accurate report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the start of your career with us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Association of Project Managers (APM).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we’ll ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of from your very first day
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education