BMW Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician
This listing has expired
You will be based at your local BMW Motorrad Retailer, working in a busy workshop environment, where you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing motorcycles to the high standards of the BMW brand.
All BMW Motorcycle Technician Apprentices attend the BMW Group Academy UK in Berkshire for their off-the-job training. This ensures consistent training throughout the country and allows our apprentices to train on up-to-the-minute products and technology. The training takes place over a 3 year period in the form of classroom and workshop sessions.
The course is unique to BMW with special emphasis on electronics and cutting edge technology; your training will include the opportunity to work with the latest motorcycles, engines and BMW diagnostic equipment, ultimately leading to the ability to undertake maintenance, service and repair activities on motorcycles to the highest standards once fully qualified.
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
• A keen interest and enthusiasm for motorcycles and the industry as a whole.
• To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn.
• A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism.
• To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy workshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually.
Qualifications to be achieved:
• IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ)
• IMIAL Level 2 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Competence (VCQ)
• IMIAL Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ)
• IMIAL Level 3 Diploma in Motorcycle Maintenance and Repair Competence (VCQ)
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
• ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
REGISTER YOUR CV