BMW Bodyshop Paint Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
You will be working in a busy BMW/MINI Bodyshop, where you will be responsible for repairing accident damaged motor vehicles to the high standards of the BMW/MINI brand.
All BMW Bodyshop Apprentices (Paint & Panel) attend a centralised body training facility over a three-year period in Milton Keynes for their off-the-job training. This centre is equipped with BMW Cars and BMW Colour Systems to ensure that apprentices are trained to the highest standards.
The role of a Bodyshop Paint Technician includes the preparation and application of foundation materials and topcoat, an awareness of different paint systems, paint equipment, special effect paints, quality vehicle checks and Vehicle Damage Assessments.
Paint Technician specific duties include:
• The preparation and application of foundation materials and topcoat
• An awareness of different paint systems
• Paint equipment
• Special effect paints
• Quality vehicle checks
• Vehicle Damage Assessments
Successful applicants must demonstrate the following:
• A keen interest and enthusiasm for automotive vehicles and the industry as a whole.
• To be honest and trustworthy with a willingness to learn.
• A positive attitude and work ethic, with high level of professionalism.
• To be able to work effectively as part of a team in a busy bodyshop environment, as well as having the capability to follow instructions and work individually.
Qualifications to be achieved:
• Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body or Paint) Principles (VRQ)
• Level 2 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body or Paint) Competence (VCQ)
• Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body or Paint) Principles (VRQ)
• Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair (Body or Paint) Competence (VCQ)
Applicants are required to have, or predicted to obtain, GCSE Grade A*-C or Functional Skills Level 2 (or equivalent) in the following subjects:
• ICT (or one other subject if candidate did not take ICT)
REGISTER YOUR CV