Body Repair Apprenticeship VAC-03347
This listing has expired
Body Repair Technicians (Panel beaters) repair and replace vehicle bodywork which has either been damaged in a collision or deliberately damaged.
As an apprentice you will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage
• Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork
• Removing damaged panels
• Refitting new/repaired panels
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques
• Repairing small dents, holes or corroded areas using a compound filler
A certain amount of administration and customer interaction is also required:
• Keeping a record of work carried out and time taken
• Liaising with the customer or insurance company
• Providing quotations and estimations
As part of the service a bodyshop offers, you may also carry out valeting, to ensure the vehicles look as good as new.
• Wash down the outside of the car to remove dirt and mud
• Polish the windows, wheels, door handles and mirrors
Whilst the vast majority of work is accident-related, panel beaters also carry out cosmetic work on behalf of owners keen to give their beloved cars the motoring equivalent of a face lift!
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Working Week: 40 hours, 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Weekly Wage: £156.00
Application Deadline: 15-07-2019
Possible Start Date: 19-08-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV