BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship – Consulting – Strategy & Operations
This listing has expired
BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship – Consulting – Strategy & Operations
Same job available in 2 locations collapsed
Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers – the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
Our Strategy & Operations team enjoys an unrivalled position in the market, combining the scale and strength of a global professional services firm, with the cutting edge nature of a boutique. We help all kinds of organisations make the most important decisions our clients have to make: defining choices that will shape their ambitions and give them clear competitive advantages.
Whether you’re in our consulting team, advising on a specific sector, or working with our strategy experts, you’ll be creating big ideas that help clients succeed. You’ll be advising some of the largest organisations in the world. And will need to articulate your ingeniously effective solutions and valuable insights at the highest level.
· Monitor Deloitte – Strategy: Our strategy practice takes a 21st-century approach that, combined with our deep industry experience, means we collaborate with our clients to create executable strategies. Because we can see strategy through to implementation, we increase our impact as a result. It’s an approach that can help organisations move more quickly and pragmatically to take advantage of new opportunities, while helping to mitigate risks along the way.
· Finance: Our Finance Consulting team is recognised as the best in the UK. We support Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) to manage their finance functions effectively and to support the wider business. We advise CFOs on the creation of strategies and capabilities to improve enterprise-wide decision-making, finance function design and operations.
· Operations: Our Operations practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise, we transform our clients’ core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda, and maximise operational efficiency. We bring the breadth and depth of Deloitte’s capabilities to our clients, delivering real value by designing and running impactful transformation programmes.
Your professional experience
· Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
· ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
· Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality audit.
· Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
· Provide clear, concise, well-informed perspectives on the important dynamics that are currently reshaping business environments
· Help drive major operational change and resolve the most fundamental issues affecting businesses today
· Provide strategic and tactical supply chain advice
· Design and implement Enterprise Model Design
· Advise on how to simplify processes, reduce operating costs and improve service delivery
· Help Chief Financial Officers execute their financial strategies, meet objectives and transform the efficiency of financial processes
· Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
· Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
· Delivery Excellence: Ability to team with others to produce a high quality work product to ensure a superior client experience
· Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: Ability to collect, assimilate and analyse relevant data and use standard processes and tools to help surface and support solutions
· Financial Acumen: Ability to apply basic financial concepts to client and Deloitte business models
· Executive Presence: Ability to maintain a positive, professional attitude and adapt to changing priorities to instil confidence in team
· Logical Structuring: Ability to use and apply frameworks to organize concepts, identify gaps, and communicate ideas clearly
· Global Mind-set: Ability to value and consider the diverse perspectives and backgrounds of colleagues and clients
· Business-Technology Acumen: Ability to apply technology fundamentals to client situations
· Access the Organization: Ability to find and leverage a diverse set of resources and share findings with others
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
· We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
· We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
JD CODES: [BRST CONSOSL JFSAO AJFSAO]
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: BSCONSO18
REGISTER YOUR CV