BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship – Financial Advisory
This listing has expired
BrightStart Higher Apprenticeship – Financial Advisory
London, London, United Kingdom
Don’t want to go to university? You don’t have to anymore; the choice should be yours, and your future equally brilliant.
Our Apprentices are here to kick-start their careers, as well as gain on-the-job experience. You’ll work right alongside your more experienced colleagues and be treated with the same respect from day one. But you’ll also get extra time and support to help you gain your professional qualifications.
Your experience here will leave you with skills you’ll rely on throughout your entire career, wherever you decide to take them. As part of the BrightStart Higher Apprentice community we offer the chance to start a career with a firm of problem solvers – the best minds in the industry – with guidance from inspirational and supportive senior managers and every opportunity to grow and progress. From the start you will have a permanent job – our people are often described as the firm’s greatest asset.
This is intellectually challenging, varied and exciting work that appeals to the brightest and most capable people. Professionals in this area tend to specialise, to offer clients the most in -depth expertise.
· Forensic: As part of our forensic development team, you’ll deliver advanced software solutions, such as data analytics and visualisation techniques. Helping both internal and external clients solve disputes and financial crime. (You will find Forensic Technology job in the Technology Job Family).
· Restructuring Services: In Restructuring we focus on companies in financial distress, whether underperforming or insolvent. You’ll step in to help and advise, and even run the company.
· Transaction Services – Post Merger integration: This team provides both due diligence and post deal advisory services across a range of areas (i.e., Integrations, separations, operations, performance improvement, and technology) on transactions. Which means you’ll be helping clients who are planning to buy, sell or take-over businesses to assist with the execution of the deal. These are often large global deals with high profile clients.
Your professional experience
· Use your curiosity, imagination, critical thinking and judgement to analyse complex problems, work out what’s important and deliver bespoke solutions.
· ‘Access all areas’ of your client’s business to understand its inner workings, helping you develop your business acumen, commercial skills and industry knowledge, as well as developing far reaching and often senior relationships.
· Take on more intellectually challenging work, while technology takes care of the repetitive manual tasks. We’re using automation and cognitive technology to free up our people for more analytical work, and to provide a higher quality service.
· Take responsibility very early in your career – quickly supervising, coaching and mentoring your own teams.
· Focus on data books, draft reports whilst providing additional project management, business development and pipelines opportunities
· Help create proposals and client presentations, research target companies
· Build strong relationships with clients and colleagues, working collaboratively in like-minded teams.
· Experience different cultures and local business practices, working with colleagues and clients around the world. As well as enjoying opportunities for national and international travel.
· Get involved outside your day job, in the many corporate responsibility and social activities on offer at Deloitte.
One of our firm-wide priorities is to deliver a globally uniform level of quality in core services so that our clients experience a consistent, exceptional Deloitte. To achieve this, global standards have been developed that define the most critical capabilities required by client service professionals. Joining Deloitte, within the business area you chose, you will develop professional qualifications and the following capabilities.
· Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving: collects, assimilates, and analyses relevant data and uses standard processes and tools to help surface insights and solutions
· Delivery Excellence: manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience
· Manages Quality & Risk: complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results
· Modelling: adopts a disciplined approach to building financial models
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society – defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it’s about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people – both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
· We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
· We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
· We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
· We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
· We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
JD CODES: [BRST FINASL JFBAFA AJFBAFA]
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: BSFIN18
REGISTER YOUR CV