Business Admin Level 3 Apprentice – Shropshire (SY4) – 16353
This listing has expired
Field Studies Council, FSC, is an environmental education charity providing informative and enjoyable opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to discover, explore, and understand the environment.
FSC believes that the more we understand about and take inspiration from the world around us, the more we can appreciate its needs and protect its diversity and beauty for future generations.
We use the environment to inspire, taking in its sights, sounds and smells. This has the ability to motivate, deepen knowledge and broaden horizons.
From the way we treat our customers, our staff, the environments we work in and the feel of our locations, FSC demonstrates a personal approach with great care taken in everything we do.
Job overview / purpose
Field Studies Council are offering an excellent opportunity for a Business Admin Level 3 apprentice. The candidate will be required to work closely with all other members of the team to ensure a consistent level of service at all times and good communication of ongoing tasks.
They will be required to fulfill their obligations under FSC’s Behaviour Partnership to ensure a happy, productive working environment.
The candidate will gain valuable experience of business administration and general office activities by working closely within the marketing and communication teams.
The successful candidate will gain an NVQ Diploma in Business Administration and a Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard Level 3.
- Being the first point of contact for Head-Office, answering and managing incoming telephone calls/emails and responding to requests for information
- Taking and processing bookings, including payments, for Head-Office led projects and online course payments using our secure server
- Undertaking routine reception and administration tasks to ensure the effective operation of Head Office such as franking and posting outgoing mail
Contribute to the wider Head Office Team by:
- Providing a welcoming and friendly environment for visitors and staff
- Improving our environmental performance through reducing waste and efficient use of office resources, especially through minimising paper use
- Working closely with other Head Office staff to ensure that appropriate levels of service are maintained during periods of high workload
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required by the Head of Marketing to ensure the smooth running of Head Office
- A positive and passionate work attitude
- A desire to show pride in all aspects of their work
- A flexible approach with a willingness to adapt to changes
- An ability to work using your own initiative both independently and as a competent, effective team member
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Always treating others with courtesy, dignity and respect
- A commitment and contribution to improving FSC’s environmental performance
- A committed and proactive approach to personal development; motivated to learn new skills and overcome new challenges
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
37.5 hours per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£138.75 per week
- The atmosphere of the organisation is informal; it is much less of a culture shock than going from education to very formal companies
- The size of the charity enables apprentices to get involved in projects that smaller organisations are not able to perform or not able to perform in as much depth
- Apprentices are treated as valuable members of the team; they are not here to perform menial tasks
Other benefits include
- 28 days holiday (inc Bank Holidays)
- Sick pay
- Employee assistance programme
- Health cash plan
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV