Business Administration Apprentice
This listing has expired
As an apprentice your role and responsibilities will include:
- understand the basics of an optical prescription
- help with the appearance of frame displays
- doing minor adjustments for fitting glasses
- changing screws and nose pads
- cleaning customer’s glasses
- using the briot glazing machine
- helping customers choose appropriate glasses
- using the field’s machine
- learn how to use a manual focimeter
- dealing with invoices and statements
- money handling and cashing up
- store and receive data
- send, receive, and manage e-mails
- use data management software (Optisoft)
- reception skills – including answering and making phone calls and greeting customers at the front desk
- dealing with post, incoming and outgoing
- printing recalls and photocopying record cards
- faxing referrals
- dealing with general inquiries
- use and maintain stock, stationery, and supplies
- usage of Microsoft, mainly Word and Excel
Requirements and prospects
- confident telephone manner
- good IT skills
- team work skills
- communication skills
- friendly and approachable manner
- the ability to be creative and think of own ideas, but able to follow instructions
- a keen attention to detail and displays
- ability to understand the customer’s needs
No formal qualifications required, although 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) C/4 grade or above, including English and maths would be an advantage.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include:
- The opportunity of a permanent position within the business
- The opportunity to progress on to an Advanced Business Administration or Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship programme with Interserve Learning and Employment
About the employer
We are a team of Optometrists supported by doctors to keep your eyes healthy and your vision at its best. Our priority is to treat you in a holistic fashion, assessing and maintaining eye health, general health and psychological well being.
Our Optometrists are all members of the Association of Optometrists & the General Optical Council. They have been specifically trained to work within a team of medical professionals to provide a holistic approach to your eyes and vision.
What We Do….
Full range of eye care services Including:
- Sight tests: NHS/Private
- Home visits: Private/NHS
- Contact Lenses
- Free Tests for 0ver 60’s, school children, people on certain benefits, diabetics, family history of glaucoma or with glaucoma
SOUTH KIRKBY EYE CARE LTD
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. South Kirkby Eyecare will provide you with all of the on-the-job training you need to upskill in your role, and your 20% off-the-job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
If successful, you will complete an Level 2 Business Administration apprenticeship programme delivered through South Kirkby Eyecare’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning and Employment.
Business and Administration
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV