Business & Administration Apprentice – Birmingham (B32) – 16296
Wates Construction has a long track record of providing more for less to its clients across both the public and private sectors. Working on projects across a variety of different areas, including education, commercial, heritage, local authority frameworks and mixed-use, Wates Construction specialises in maximising value by finding the most intelligent and creative ways to deliver outstanding buildings.
We tailor our service offer to meet the strategic needs of individual customers, focusing on the areas that matter most to them. This includes delivering value for money, exceptional customer service and investing in the communities where we work.
Job overview / purpose
We have a new opportunity for a Business Apprentice to join the Administration team.
This is an excellent chance for a new entrant to join a busy team and receive some excellent training that will prepare you for your future career in Administration.
- Input data on weekly tracking reports using clients software/various projects
- Provide general administrative assistance
- Opening and reading mail and taking relevant actions where appropriate
- Answering the telephone and dealing with routine enquiries
- Co-ordinating and managing the diary for meetings and the team if required
- Creating and maintaining information on systems and databases
- Booking travel when required
- Ordering stationary
- General administrative duties including filing, emailing and photocopying
- A good understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- The determination to learn and develop new skills
- Desire to work towards an academic qualification
Also, having a full driving license is an advantage, however is not a necessity.
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade C or above
5 days per week,
37.5 per week [average week, will be confirmed with the employer]
£15,000 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.