Business Administration Apprentice – Bristol (BS2) – 15764
This listing has expired
We make sure that our digital IT capabilities and expertise are applied cost-effectively and imaginatively. Our work areas are: network operations, security, trust and identity, cloud and brokerage services, data centres and co-location, international engagement strategy, video services and e-infrastructure.
Jisc operates the national research and education network for the UK. Serving over 18 million users, the Janet Network provides UK research and education with a highly reliable and secure world-class network, enabling national and international communication and collaboration over its 8,500 km of optical fibre.
We specialise in network operations, cyber security, trust and identity, cloud and brokerage services, data centres and co-location, international engagement strategy and e-infrastructure.
It’s our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world. It’s a bold statement, but one that we’re determined to fulfil.
We want Jisc to be a great place to work. A place where people make a difference to our members, feel valued and have fun – how we work is a vital part of that.
Our values are our guiding principles. They define how we work and help us to do what we do so well. Our values are:
Pride: We have pride in what we do but aren’t arrogant or complacent
Passion: Our passion drives everything we do
Pace: We deliver at the right pace to meet the needs of our members and each other
Trust: You can trust us to deliver on our promises
Teamwork: We are one team and teamwork makes us better
Please apply for this role via the below link:
The closing date for applications is 9.00am on Friday 20th July.
We will be holding assessment centres on the 26th and 27th July in Bristol. You must be available for one of these dates to be considered for the role.
This role will bring an opportunity to really progress in a company who is willing to offer you a position after you complete or do a higher apprenticeship.
Are you looking for an exciting role in business administration? Then you’re only a few steps away, this apprenticeship will equip you with the appropriate skills and knowledge you require to begin your career in business administration.
In this role, you will provide support for the work of the Strategic Support Unit (SSU). Working in a professional team of analysts whose responsibilities extend to all elements of the analysis and use of data in strategy and planning.
The Strategic Support Unit (SSU) is within the Strategy and Corporate Services directorate. We work closely with other teams and directorates across Jisc to enable Jisc and our stakeholders make informed decisions to optimise Jisc’s activities. The goal is to enable our HE, FE and skills members in the UK exploit fully the possibilities of modern digital empowerment, content and connectivity.
We are a friendly, cooperative team of four who have built strong trust-based relationships both within the team and more widely across the organisation. We encourage and support personal and team development to make our team the best it can be. Our work is challenging, varied, and intellectually stimulating; we work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities. Through a combination of online, classroom and on-the-job learning, you will obtain a level 4 qualification whilst gaining real work experience. This apprenticeship will give you a great opportunity to earn while you learn with a salary and company benefits.
As learning allows, you will:
- Provide administrative and organisational support to all members of the team
- Personal Assistance including diary management and travel booking
- Organising and supporting meetings
- Expenses and budget checking
- Work to be confident in liaising with internal departments covering all areas of Jisc’s activities
- Work to support other team stakeholder reporting
- Learn how to use Jisc’s corporate systems and support the team in working with the IT department to solve problems
- Support on data management
- Research and report information
- Compile reports and presentation materials for internal and external meetings
To be successful, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Team work –be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Problem solving –be able to identify and solve problems
- Creativity – be able to generate original and innovative ideas to provide imaginative perspectives
- Flexibility – able to adopt a different style or approach to achieve a goal
- Initiative – actively able to spot opportunities and act on them
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes, the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, (35 hours a week)
£17,000 per annum
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
Please apply for this role via the below link:
REGISTER YOUR CV