Business Administration Apprenticeship
Business Administration Apprenticeship
We are a 30 year old Company; traditionally a manufacturer of knitted ribs and cuffs (trimmings) and wholesale suppliers to high street manufactures of apparel. This operation, on a smaller scale, still goes on. Over the years we have diversified, and changed and adapted with the economic climate to survive. Our business now is 40% Manufacturing and 60% E Commerce of Textiles (Neotrims) and Costume Jewellery Our manufactured goods are sold to whole sale clients and retail on online platforms.
The most important quality is the enthusiasm to learn and engage in the company’s operation. The learning process is gradual and natural and assurance and guidance will be give; but its essential you have a keen interest in learning new software with help from online tutorials and by yourself in your own time also.
You will get involved in the day to day running of the business, which includes: answering phones, assisting the directors with tasks delegated to you, helping on daily basis with daily orders dispatch as this is essential for you to understand what we sell, how its sold, how its dispatched and the problems we come across. This is vital, spending a HALF A day with rest of team in handling daily orders/ help pick and pack and finally in reconciling daily orders.
This also involves with Linnworks coordinating and checking orders, queries, scanning of the orders for dispatch linked to Linnworks, and producing a manifest using software on Linnworks and Royal mail postal system to see all orders have done and registered on Linnworks etc.
In short, as a member of the team, you will be involved in every aspect of the daily functioning of the company, and work with other members of the team in a cohesive manner
We require a openness to learn, genuine help and desire to be part of the team and a good communicator.
We work very hard and expect same form anyone who joins our team. It’s a small business and multi-tasking is part of the process.
Inventory Management, Listing, & Marketing of Selling on web based internet selling portals & Websites
You will learn how to use our Inventory Listing and management tool called LINNLIVE/ LINNWORKS, which is a software especially for selling online, and its management. (Look this up on the web if needed)
Main role / Responsibilities:
- You will keep a track of our inventory on which ever portal we are selling, and edit and adjusting details and content where necessary., keeping information and data up to date.
- Using Amazon, eBay and in future the magneto Software to LIST new products for selling flowing all the protocols and regulations associated with each software. This will be a major element of the learning task.
- Work on the new commission Magento websites we are commissioning for Neotrims and Janeojewels and Janeo British apparel.
- Coordinate communications and task Between the Director and Staff who work for us abroad doing Amazon/ eBay/ website work. You will be a key middle person in this task.
- You will also check tasks given to outside off shore staff, is done correctly.
- Jointly work with someone on Daily Orders printing, allocating and sorting for picking, etc.
- Generally working alone and as part of a team in a very small close tight business environment with emphasis of selling online.
We expect you to have certain core IT Skills and knowledge with all basic packages as pre requisite.
- Absolute essential knowledge of all MS Packages, to high level.
- Online selling Platforms Technology awareness, importance of keywords, search criteria etc. (ability to grasp very quickly)
- Learn Linnworks and about the individual selling platform and their rules and guidelines etc.
- In general you must have a keen interest in it technology and learning new things and ability naturally of grasping them fast
Desired qualification requirements:
3x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
37.5hrs per week,
9am – 6:30pm,
Monday to Friday
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years
REGISTER YOUR CV