Business Administration Apprenticeship VACO01483764
This listing has expired
Brief overview of the role
You will be supporting all staff within the company to ensure an efficient and smooth running of the office. This includes answering calls, providing admin support and maintaining relationships with customers and clients. Learn all about the field of crafting bespoke mirrors.
14 Jan 2019
Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
Total hours per week: 40.00
Expected apprenticeship duration
Possible start date
21 Jan 2019
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
• Answering and making telephone calls to customers and clients
• Processing customer orders over the phone / online
• Filing and archiving invoices and purchases electronically / physically
• Good ICT skills using Microsoft Word & Excel (Documents & Spreadsheets, Invoices, Product labels, Manifests etc.)
• Training on Sage and Wayfair systems will be provided
Requirements and prospects
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
• Good IT skills – using excel and word
• Excellent attention to detail
• Previous business/administration experience desired
• Willingness to learn
• A can-do professional attitude
• Team player
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above.
Yearn Glass & Co are looking for an apprentice who could progress with the company and become a full-time member of staff.
Things to consider
The office is a minute walk from Hackney Wick Station, always consider the cost of travelling.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour as of 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
About the employer
Yearn Glass & Co
Disability Confident Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Yearn Glass & Co is a family run business which has been manufacturing wall mirrors and mirrored ‘occasional furniture in our London factory since 1981. Our team of experienced and skilled craftspeople strive to produce consistently high quality products for a cross section of mirror buyers across the UK, the EU and further afield.
We supply department stores, independent high street retailers, architects, designers and hotels
offering a range to suit both domestic and commercial settings. Added to this, because we are manufacturers and therefore have considerable flexibility in what we can supply, we also offer a bespoke service and wherever possible will work to a client’s requirements. We can also work with a client to produce a range exclusively for them if required.
Training to be provided
You will work towards achieving a Level 3 in Business Administration.
Off-the job training:
• Your training provider will provide you with the under-pinning knowledge which you will be able to
use and apply within your workplace.
On-the job training:
• You will cross train within each department of the business and your mentor will help you to
understand all aspects of working within a busy, successful business.
End Point Assessment:
• Your assessor and manager will support you to prepare you for your assessment nearing the end
of your apprenticeship: throughout monthly visits and workshops.
You will receive support and guidance to help you develop as a person and to get your career started.
The JGA Group
REGISTER YOUR CV