Business Administration Apprenticeship – Gatwick (RH6) – 16913
This listing has expired
This is a large corporate company that works in smart modern office’s based on the outskirts of Gatwick.
Job overview / purpose:
The apprentices’ objective is to provide a first class confidential and efficient HR administrative service to the Group Human Resources function and to contribute to the long-term development of the service provision of the HR team.
The apprentice will support the team in providing a comprehensive HR service to all members of the Air Partner Charter and Rest of World division.
The apprentice will also support the Front of House Reception to cover any leave.
This is an excellent entry-level position for someone ambitious, dedicated and keen to kick-start their career in a fast moving People Team.
- Take responsibility for general HR administration
- Support the HR team in all recruitment administration including advertising internally via email and the intranet and externally on the careers website
- Draft employment contracts and offer letters as part of the new joiner welcome pack (at a later date)
- Obtain employment references
- Manage the new joiner and leaver administration process
- Arrange department overviews as part of the new joiner induction
- Log all performance reviews and highlight any training needs or general concerns to the HR Business Partners
- Support with all administration for the end of probation process
- Ensure that all computerised and manual staff records are accurate and up to date
- Assist with the arrangements for the bi-monthly Employee Voice meetings
- Assist with payroll administration by taking responsibility for the input stage (at a later date)
- Reply to employment and mortgage reference requests
- Support with the administration of the group salary review process
- Support the HR team with ad hoc project work
- Arrange HR exit interviews and leaver correspondence
- Maintain and update the LMS
- Maintain and assist in preparing any training literature and handouts
- Fantastic organisation skills
- Ability to work under own initiative in a pressurised environment
- Good listening skills
- Able to develop relationships with 3rd parties
- Capacity to read situations, understand environments and respond accordingly
- Capable of prioritising workload ability to interact professionally with our people and other cultures
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word; Excel; and Power Point
- Communicates well, both verbally and in writing
- Awareness of confidentiality with the HR environment and ability to work as part of a small team
- Professional and empathetic telephone manner
- A methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure
- Well-developed organisational skills
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5.30pm,
37.5 hrs a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£18,000 per annum
Benefits / Future prospects:
- Bupa healthcare
- Help towards travel
- Bus pass from the airport
- Free on-site parking.
- Tea, coffee and fruit available in the office
- Bonus’s and salary reviews
- Offering 23 days holiday + bank holidays
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV