Business Administration Apprenticeship – Manchester (M1 5) – 16705
This listing has expired
Substance is a research and technology company. We help organisations that do good to think smart and make more of a difference.
We work across diverse sectors and with many types of organisation – charities, social businesses and government.
Our core team is made up of highly experienced social researchers, technologists and programme managers, each with their own specialisms. What we share is an ambition to make organisations that do good have a greater impact.
Job overview / purpose:
As Business Administrator, you will provide a high level of administrative support to the business within our Manchester office from 9am – 5pm.
You will have the opportunity to work across the organisation within a friendly, dynamic team and build relationship with our clients in a customer-facing role.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
As Substance’s Business Administrator, you will be responsible for:
Customer Facing Responsibilities
- Handling incoming calls and emails
- Greeting all visitors and guests in a friendly and professional manner
- Providing general support to visitors including providing refreshments, WIFI access etc.
Scheduling and Co-ordination
- Contacting, arranging and co-ordinating fieldwork for the research, consultancy and Views team
- Co-ordinating internal meetings e.g. away days and board meetings including organising refreshments and venues
- Co-ordinating travel itineraries and booking transport for members of the team
- Writing and distributing email and other correspondence for staff and customers
- Assisting the support team with client queries.
- Maintaining customer contact lists
- Routine management of the office. This will include basic tasks such as buying supplies, reporting issues to building management and tidying, cleaning and maintaining a pleasant working environment.
- Maintaining an efficient and logical filing system
- Assisting the Head of Operations to handle requests and queries.
- Assisting with a wide variety of other general admin tasks
- Substance is a small, fast-paced business with ambitious growth plans. Everyone in the team works flexibly and has the opportunity to take on responsibilities outside of their role to support the business and the team.
- At times, you may be required to work out of office hours.
- Ability to communicate concisely with clients and colleagues
- Good organisational skills
- Demonstrates confidence and is Personable
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative
- Work Conscientious and fine attention to detail
- Hard working and open to taking direction
- Enthusiastic, positive and well motivated
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5pm,
35 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 – £12,000 per annum [depending on experience]
- 25 days annual leave per year on top of bank holidays. This rises by one day annually to a maximum of 30 days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Salary Sacrifice scheme including cycle to work bike loans, childcare vouchers and other key lifestyle benefits
- Eye care vouchers to cover eye tests and glasses discounts
- Death in Service payment to nominated trustee
- Personal training and development support
- Free gym membership for access to three Bannatyne branches across Manchester City Centre
- Salary review with potential to increase at end of the apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV