Business Administration/Receptionist Apprenticeship E14 7NG
This listing has expired
• The operation of the switchboard, answering the telephone in a friendly and professional manner, directing calls to the Headteacher and other staff as appropriate and the taking and passing on of accurate messages.
• To answer the CCTV/intercom system whilst having a high regard for security.
• To greet parents/carers and visitors and deal with their queries in an efficient and professional manner.
• To ensure visitors sign in the visitor’s book and are provided with a visitor’s badge.
• To record pupil absence accurately and liaise with the Assistant Head and Learning Mentor’s about pupils who are not attending school.
• To maintain the Headteacher’s diary.
• To provide refreshments for visitors/meetings as required.
• To provide refreshments for the Headteacher and the Headteachers’s visitors as required.
• To use word processing to produce letters and memorandums.
• To open and distribute internal and external post and correspondence as appropriate.
• To undertake filing and photocopying; to assist users with the operation of the photocopier.
• To offer assistance to pupils including dealing with messages from staff, supervising unwell children and contacting their parent(s).
• Maintain the front foyer ensuring it is kept neat and tidy at all times.
• To liaise with the Finance Manager and Resources Officer in respect of deliveries.
• Update and maintain the EYFS profile for children in nursery and reception.
• Maintain and update the pupils’ records using the school management information systems SIMs; ensure that all pupil records are kept accurately and comply with requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
• To accurately maintain and file pupil records and documents and send on when pupils leave.
• Produce reports as required for research and statistics and the Leadership team.
• To take responsibility for the upkeep of attendance on Pearson e1.
• To take responsibility for a number of general administrative tasks including photocopying, printing, collating and distributing paperwork.
• To carry out adhoc duties as may be required.
• To carry out such other task as may reasonably be required by the Personnel Manager commensurate with the grade of the post.
• To maintain a continuous efficient administrative service through individual effort. Team work, training and a willingness to contribute to additional work in the case of staff absence.
• To provide typing, photocopying and word processing support to the leadership team within the school.
• To liaise with outside agencies as necessary.
• As directed, will undertake additional duties and responsibilities that may arise from time to time to commensurate with the grade of the post.
• Demonstrated ability to remain self-motivated at all times.
• Determined and an Enthusiastic Candidate.
• A Hard working Individual
• Able to us own initiative
• Attention to detail
• Fluent in using word and excel
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours of work: TBC
Please be on time and dressed smartly.
Please think about the role you would be performing and try to understand the key tasks – ask your Jobwise Training CRM if you are unsure of anything.
Please remember to research the company. You will need to remember 3 things about the company from their website as you will be asked this question in interview.
Please remember to think of some questions to ask during your interview – these can be about the company or the industry. It is important to have at least one question planned.
Company: Cayley Primary School
Address: Aston St, London E14 7NG
REGISTER YOUR CV