Business Administrator Apprentice
Business Administrator Apprentice
This is a network of companies with a linked vision of changing futures. Our Group has a central connection which is Martin James Cockburn (Jim). Our network is formed from a variety of organisations from charities to leading-edge technology brands. We range from start-ups to well-established brands that have been in business for over 15 years. We deliver an empowered approach for our colleagues, customers and wider communities that is designed to improve human experience and connection. We strive to continually learn and adapt, this builds our resilience and consistently improves our impact.
Our Foundation is a global charity group with more than 30 years of experience of providing children’s care services. We believe in supporting young people who have experienced adversity by providing them with pathways to business and entrepreneurial success.
The scheme provides grants and bursaries to help support 14 to 25 year olds to help them develop their idea as well as access to entrepreneurs, business mentors and coaches. We also support schools and colleges by providing guest speakers and work on joint initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to join this group of companies in our smart offices in Edgbaston, Central Birmingham as a Business Administration Apprentice.
This role will be the face of the company, as the first point of contact for visitors attending the Group offices in Vicarage Court and to assist in ensuring that there is a high standard maintained within the reception team and the offices at all times. The apprentice will also support the Company Secretarial team in administrative duties as well as supporting the PA team for ad hoc events and duties.
- Meet and greet customers and visitors professionally, offering to make them a drink and arranging visitors car parking spaces as required.
- Manage meeting rooms effectively – service & check rooms between meetings and periodically throughout the day. Be fully conversant with all the meeting room technology and assist where required.
- Send structured emails / internal communications that look professional at all times.
- Ensure that all visitors are signed in and accounted for
- Maintain stock levels for stationery, placing orders and checking deliveries
- Ensure that all facilities are maintained throughout the buildings
- Support in arranging office events and improving employee engagement in conjunction with the People team including birthday events; charity days; external events and that the Highfield Road and Vicarage Court offices are fully integrated.
- Arrange and organise lunches for meetings as and when required
- Be polite and professional to colleagues, visitors and contractors at all times
- Ensure postage and parcels are correctly weighed, addressed and franked and any internal post is passed to individual areas securely.
- Support Company Secretarial team in all administration duties as and when required including filing, photocopying, electronic file management etc ensuring that confidentiality is adhered to at all times and assist in ad-hoc compliance projects.
- Recording and updating various compliance registers and logs.
- Ensure relevant documents are reviewed, updated and compliant
- Assist in accident / incident investigations as required.
- Support PA & People team as and when required.
Desired skills / abilities:
- Good timekeeping and reliable
- Good IT skills
- Can work unsupervised
- Keen to learn and develop and to successfully complete the apprenticeship programme of learning.
- Working in a fast paced environment and not daunted by working to deadlines
Desired knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience of administration within a business or reception type role would be an advantage
- Strong communication skills both face to face and written
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel packages
Highly beneficial skills:
If you have a full clean driving licence, it would be a highly beneficial advantage.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s, grade A-C, including Maths and English
- Holiday: 25 days p.a. annual leave + bank holidays
- Sick pay after 12 months service
- Life assurance x 2 salary
- Pension: 5% matched pension contributions
- Pay reviews based on progression
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV