Business Administrator Apprentice – Yeovil (BA21) – 13979
This listing has expired
We are a rapidly growing company that is continually developing. Ransom Spares is a family company, based in Yeovil, Somerset. We sell spare parts for the home and garden. We promote a ‘make & mend’ culture instead of a ‘throwaway society’. We are based in beautiful Somerset surrounded by wonderful countryside, and just a stone’s throw away from the seaside. This makes our amazing team happy and cheerful.
We have a member of staff who completed the Business Administration Apprenticeship 3 years ago. At the end of their apprenticeship, they were given a permanent full time job and they are now a key member of our team. With the right attitude and commitment there is no reason why this couldn’t be you!
You will be part of a small but busy sales and customer service team to ensure that our customers’ requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
You will also carry out general office administration duties to ensure the smooth running of the office.
You will start with a 13- 15 months Business Admin Apprenticeship, consisting of high quality classroom training with on the job experience.
Main role/ responsibilities
Main duties include:
- Taking customer orders via telephone
- Dealing with aftersales enquiries via telephone and email
- Liaising with suppliers
- General office administration
- Accounts data input
- Printing orders
- Picking and packing orders
- Stock control
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- We receive many emails and telephone calls daily including order related queries and giving customer advice – These must be answered promptly and efficiently
- Reporting to the Manager
- Liaising with team members
- To provide excellent customer service to customers by giving advice and also taking orders
- There is a lot of multi-tasking within this role and will provide extensive experience in many different areas of the business
- Your commitment to fulfilling all orders and processing accurately will play a significant part in the way you succeed in the job
- You will be picking, processing, packing and shipping orders. This needs to be completed accurately and efficiently
- You will need to maintain accurate records, reports and quality checks
- And communicate with the carriers when necessary
- Friendly and helpful to customers
- Able to work under your own initiative
- Able to concentrate and focus
- Fast and has reliable data entry skills
- Has a positive attitude
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good it skills (MS office platform)
- Must be able to work as a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Dynamic and organized
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
37.5 p/w, Monday–Friday, 9am-5pm
At the end of their apprenticeship, you will given a permanent full time job.
“QA’s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
REGISTER YOUR CV