Business Administrator (Community Fundraising Assistant) Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
Candlelighters was formed more than 40 years ago by parents of children affected by cancer. Family support is a key part of our work to this day and we offer an ever expanding range of support from funding holidays for families to talking therapies. We fund research into the causes and potential treatment of children’s cancer as well as investing in the wards by funding posts and purchasing equipment.
As the successful Business Administration Apprentice you will be working Monday to Friday from 08:30am to 04:30pm. During the yearlong apprenticeship you will be given full training and support to achieve your Level 3 Business Administration qualification.
- Help maintain data and records relating to community fundraising donations, supporters and participants using the Harlequin database, ensuring accurate and timely record-keeping.
- Provide excellent standards of care for all supporters and volunteers, ensuring a fantastic supporter journey from enquiry to longer-term supporter.
- Ensure supporters are given the information and support needed to carry out their tasks to their maximum potential and feel valued and respected.
- Support the Community Fundraising Team to recruit, support and develop community-based volunteers, supporters and fundraising groups to grow our volunteer base for events, fundraising activities, and campaigns.
- Work with the team to organise and support at events and challenge events.
- Promote Candlelighters at local third-party activities such as fetes, fairs and shows.
- Deliver talks and presentations to existing and potential supporters, acting as a community fundraising champion for the charity.
- Research stories and photographs for promotional activity.
- Grow knowledge of, and ensure best practice regarding, relevant legislation for fundraising.
- Actively participate in team meetings, demonstrating creativity through new ideas
- Development of new initiatives as appropriate to your role.
The successful candidate:
- Should have experience of relationship development with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Computer literate, conversant with MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to work on own initiative working towards deadlines and within a team
- GCSE in Maths and English grades A – D or equivalent
To apply all you need to do is click Find out more and make sure your CV is attached with a brief covering letter that explains why you’re interested in this role and why you’ll make the best person for the job!
Please note that YMCA Training is acting as a recruitment partner in this process and you are not required to contact the business directly. If you have any questions or would like some more information about this opportunity or any other apprenticeship advertised here please get in touch with Email: email@example.com Tel 0207 343 1755
Please note this role is not suitable for family members receiving support from Candlelighters
REGISTER YOUR CV