Business Analyst Apprentice (Newcastle)
This listing has expired
DXC Technology helps clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. For more than 60 years, we have successfully guided the world’s largest enterprises and government agencies through successful change cycles.
We take pride in our technology independence and our role as a trusted advisor. Our deep experience gives us a clear and confident vision to help clients navigate the future.
As the world’s leading independent, end-to- end IT services company, we are uniquely positioned to lead digital transformations — creating greater value for clients, partners and shareholders, and presenting growth opportunities for our people. We are among the world’s best corporate citizens.
Job overview / purpose:
Assists in gathering and analysing business requirements for configuration of a module (Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.) in an ERP product. Participates in the configuration of product, implementation, maintenance and/or upgrade of ERP module to align with business. Participates in problem identification process resulting from test environment outcomes.
Main responsibilities: [will include but not be limited do]
- Assists in gathering and analysing user business requirements and processes to gain understanding of client requirements as it relates to functionality of ERP product module. Documents requirements to assist in defining solution for client.
- Works with business users to assist in configuring module to translate business requirements into functional design specifications. Documents and suggests configuration including initial settings, module-relevant security settings and reporting options.
- Gathers processes and reporting requirements as it relates to user interfaces impacted by the ERP system.
- Assists in providing ongoing ERP functional system support. Interacts with technical team and client to identify functional issues and recommend solution to meet the client’s requirements.
- Assists in providing end-user training for product module(s).
- Basic communication and analysis skills to listen to client and articulate back for feedback and solutions
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Basic problem-solving skills to identify, analyze and assist in solving business application problems in an ERP environment
- Basic presentation skills to present to management and customers
- Basic personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with business problems
- Ability to communicate technical and business matters clearly in lay terms for comprehension by multiple audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple shifting priorities
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
Someone with an enthusiastic and professional attitude and a commitment to learning new skills.
Desired qualification requirements:
- 5 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C(9-4) including Maths and English Language.
- A-Levels or Btec level 3
- Zero or more years of ERP business solutions, business analysis or management analysis experience
- Experience with ERP module (Human Resources, Finance, Supply Chain, etc.)
- This is an immediate start role, do not apply if you are still in education
5 days per week,
Hours between 9:00am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£14,500 per annum
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV