Business Analyst Apprentice – Team Tech
Business Analyst Apprentice – Team Tech
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600 technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking.
We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems that help our business and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
This is an 18-month Business Analyst Level 4 apprenticeship.
The role is for a Business Analyst in the Logistics Platform team, working with the software engineering team leads and the internal and external stakeholders in the courier and third party logistics world, to understand and evaluate THG logistics tech systems, understand the goals of the business, and ensure all projects to achieve those goals are evaluated, developed and delivered as per business requirements, and measured on key performance indicators.
Key responsibilities: [will include supporting the whole product development lifecycle, including:]
- Identify and build relationship with key stakeholders at all levels
- Capture, understand and document requirements for changes to the order processing, courier integration and warehouse integration systems
- Identify any gaps between current and desired solutions
- Identify opportunities for improvements to existing processes and services
- Help to build business cases for projects with justification
- Identify changes and their priority
- Map the new processes
- Document the tasks and steps required to achieve the desired functionality or flow
- Discuss the technical aspects of the proposed change
- Highlight and quantify potential risks related to the proposed change
- Support engineering teams throughout the development to help ensure the changes are complete, to specification and of a high quality
- Contribute to the management and prioritisation of the work backlog
- Participate in sprint planning sessions
- Create and present progress at update meetings
- Carry out User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Organise and lead show cases to end users
- Create and update support and training documentation
- Communicate change notifications
- Carry out post go-live analysis based on KPIs defined and collate feedback
- Verify impact of original defined business case, and put together communication for next steps
The role is for a person demonstrating the following skills and qualities:
- Initiative and a self-starting nature
- Desire for constantly learning and building relationships
- Responsibility for providing the best possible solution to stakeholders
- Bias for action and not getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- Delivering quality work, first time
- Thinking outside the boxand innovating
- Conciseness and articulation in speech and writing
- Keenness for personal development
- Strong collaboration and organisation skills
- Good knowledge of IT, and desire to learn
- Strong communication and analytical thinking skills
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
£18,000 per annum [raising to £21,000 per annum after 6-months]
- Eligible for Company Bonus Scheme
- Staff Discounts across THG brands
- Discounted gym memberships for multiple locations in the local area
- Exciting and endless career progression prospects
- Salary – Competitive Apprenticeship Package
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV