Business Analyst Apprentice – Tech Team
Business Analyst Apprentice – Tech Team
The company owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, Hale Country Club, ESPA and MyProtein.com – The world’s #1 online sports nutrition brand. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
The THG apprenticeship programme is an exciting opportunity for ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
Led by world-class technologists with a diverse range of backgrounds ranging from Silicon Valley tech giants (Google, Amazon) through to Hedge funds and Algorithmic Trading Firms. You will be surrounded by highly intellectual and passionate colleagues, all with the common goal to help us grow our business globally, fast.
About the Division:
Technology is at the heart of the business, core to the growth and internationalisation of all brands that sit under the THG umbrella. Our platform currently supports 177 international sites, in 47 different languages and 23 payment methods. From hosting, all the way through to logistics, we power it all through efficient and scalable technology which has been developed in house! With 600technologists globally, we are squarely focussed on bigger ideas with innovation, creativity and outside of the box thinking. We look for individuals with a passion for creating robust and cutting edge systems that help our business’ and our clients grow their ecommerce presence.
About the role:
Be part of the Supply Chain Development Team as a Business Analyst Apprentice. Working with Software Engineers and senior stakeholders from various areas of the business, including but not limited to, Finance, Supply Chain, Warehouse Operations etc. We are looking to optimise our supply chain process and systems end-2-end. That means starting at the beginning, understanding not just the processes, but also the systems in use and the handover between one area to another.
Main role and responsibilities:
The following is not the complete picture, but will give you a flavour of what is in scope:
- Supplier analysis
- Courier analysis
- Supplier and Courier KPI’s
- Demand forecasting and sourcing of products
- Operational processes throughout the chain
- Data flow throughout the chain and ensuring the accuracy thereof
- Work to understand the interaction of the software with other systems, internal or external to be able to understand the end-2-end flow
- Travel to different warehouses and office locations to meet stakeholders and users of the different systems and processes in place
- Draw up the process, including systems in use and gaps at both a high-level and extremely detailed levels to enable an understanding of what we have in place today, and where we need to focus our attention next
- Excellent communicator, comfortable in explaining technical detail and complex processes to others.
- Excellent at documenting complex processes and making it simple to understand
- Takes full ownership of own personal development, willing to learn new systems and demonstrated the capability to do this fast
- Pragmatic in your approach with a ‘can-do’ attitude, not scared to try new ways of doing things
- Good stakeholder management
- Good vendor/supplier management
- Resilient under pressure and able to separate the noise from what really matters
- Very organised and detailed person
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.