Business Internship – Engineering Wing Graduate 10373090
This listing has expired
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of
around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European
leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest
space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and
determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and
experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in
Description of the job
Start Date: 2nd July 2018
Duration: 12 Months
Engineering Wing is the Engineering Business support team; we are responsible for the day to day planning and resource
management of this part of the Airbus business. The Engineering Wing planning and resource management team require an
Intern to support our activities on the Filton site.
The management of financial and people resources for day to day and strategic planning is central to this role. The successful
Intern will have their own duties to produce data, reports, and presentations, making them a key member of the team. Identifying
key responsibilities of the planning and resource management team you will work closely with various departments and project
areas such as A380, A400M etc., where engineers are deployed. This role will enable the Intern to adapt their current academic
learning to a transnational business way of working, picking up relevant skills in each area of the resource management team.
– Provide support to the team in establishing resource requirements in accordance with the centre’s budget.
– Investigation of hours and Direct Cost (DC) bookings to ensure they are correct and arrange corrections of ‘misbookings’.
– Produce regular reports including graphs and charts to show monthly spend, budget and outlook.
– Manage headcount data including transfers and training activities.
– Support the team in collating data for feasibility studies.
– Delivery of monthly reports and presentations accurately and on time.
– Preparation of Budget reports based on the Airbus Operating Plan (AOP).
– Maintenance and management of risks across the department.
– Work within a transnational team
Must be an undergraduate for the full duration of the Internship, studying towards a degree in Business Management or related
– Knowledge or experience of Finance and Business Management
– Awareness of HR and Project Management would be an advantage
– Computer literate specifically with MS Office
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to access and participate fully in the recruitment
process. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary
aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications
irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV