Business Support Apprentice
Business Support Apprentice
Westwood Associates has been in the IT industry since 1987 and our continued growth and success are down to delivering exactly the right solution, for a wide range of customers. We pride ourselves on our ability to guide our clients to the most appropriate technology for their business.
We offer expert advice and a friendly, professional service. In addition, we are able to meet the most stringent customer requirements, such as same-day delivery and hard to source items within tight timeframes. Whether you require maintenance support or warranty enhancements, our account managers and technical team have the skills and knowledge to assist you. We are able to offer flexible mobile solutions and a varied personal computing approach to supply and support.
This is an ideal opportunity for those wanting to learn about all the functions of a company, learn a variety of tasks including accounts, IT, customer service and database management for which full training will be provided.
The role will encompass all aspects of the sales process from beginning to end.
Westwood Associates is an established IT supplier of computer hardware, software and services (trading for over 30 years) to the business sector, as well as education establishments. We provide consultancy to customers wanting to improve their IT infrastructure and take pride in building relationships with our customers.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
• Speaking to customers and suppliers
• Preparing electronic quotations
• Loading sales orders onto the system
• Administering returns and faulty goods equipment online
• Placing orders with suppliers
• Utilising our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and accounts packages
• Account management
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
• A self-starter with the natural drive to succeed
• Able to work unsupervised (in due course)
• Confident in dealing with people at all levels
• The ideal candidates will be methodical and organised
• Must be a team player with a friendly disposition
• Reliable, punctual and dependable
• Someone who can think on their feet would be a real asset to the business
• Commitment to undertake and successfully complete the apprenticeship programme
• Can demonstrate the ability to be professional in matters of confidentiality, honesty, conduct, performance and attendance
• Ability to treat colleagues and visitors with respect and dignity
Desired qualification requirements:
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5hrs per week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£10,000 per annum.
Benefits of the role/Future prospects:
• Opportunity to become a permanent member of staff
• Opportunity to do a higher-level apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV