BUSINESS SUPPORT PROJECT MANAGEMENT APPRENTICE
BUSINESS SUPPORT PROJECT MANAGEMENT APPRENTICE 31322
About this opportunity
Are you keen to develop a career in Project Management If so, Stockport Council’s Business Support Project Management Apprenticeships offer an excellent and exciting place to start.
A normal day would include:
• Act as Project Manager (overseen / supported by a Project Sponsor), to initiate, manage, and continuously monitor, specific minor projects and/or specific aspects of larger projects to ensure satisfactory progress and consistent delivery of projects aligned to the agreed funding, outputs and timescales for those projects.
• Assist in drafting Project Plans for approval and keep them up to date for each project.
• Undertake assigned duties and manage in accordance with the Project Management Procedures. Assist with updating project schedules and cost plans where required.
• Assist in identifying the necessary internal and external approvals consistent with current Stockport Council practices and procedures
• Contribute to the development of Communication plans to communicate progress of projects.
• Assist in control and manage changes to the scope of a project, including assumptions, dependencies and constraints.
• Contribute to the preparation of a business case including achieving required results.
• Assist in identifying and monitoring risks and opportunities, develop mitigation plans and contribute to a risk management plan.
• Help to develop resource management plans for project activities, acquire and manage resources
• As Project Manager (overseen / supported by Project Sponsor) obtain accurate cost estimates so as to enable schemes to be progressed through various technical design and implementation stages
What you could go on to do
Following a successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will have the core skills needed to be able to secure a role within Stockport Council should it become available. The knowledge of the organisation you would gain during your placement in addition to the skills you will develop will make you a strong candidate for future roles.
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role. Stockport Council will also provide you with an apprenticeship mentor to support the ‘on the jib’ element of your placement.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
What you should have to apply
• You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs grade C (4) or above in Maths & English and 2 A levels equivalent to 120 UCAS points.
• Applications are welcome from individuals who are awaiting results but anticipate they will be able comply with the requirement of achieving the equivalent of 120 UCAS points.
• To understand and embrace Stockport Council Values
• Willing to work towards Project Management Qualification.
• Commitment to apprenticeship
• Pride in work
• Analytical and problem solving ability.
• Interpreting data – text and numerical, information gathering and sorting.
• A team player and with equal ability to work effectively on own initiative and without close supervision.
• Effective and appropriate communication working effectively with and influencing others.
• Report writing skills.
• Computer literate.
• Drive for results demonstrating clear commitment to achieving results and improving performance.
• Committed to advancing own learning and competencies, a willingness to learn.