CAD Process Intern (12 months)
This listing has expired
Reference Code 10423942 D EN EXT 1
– Site: Airbus Defence and Space Portsmouth
– Target Group: Internship – UK
– Work Contract Type / Working Time: Internship / Full time
– Work Experience: Not specified
– Functional Area: ENGINEERING / Others
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide. Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: July 2018
Application closing date: 4th November 2018
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
1. From first system synoptic to detail interface block diagram, the Mechanical Design Office (MDO) support the Telecom satellites Business Unit to layout all equipment and create the RF connectivity design (Waveguides, coaxial cables) within our Eurostar spacecraft product line
2. Our mission is to layout the payload equipment in 3D using Dassault suite of tools (Catia), and to produce detailed routing and design of the RF interconnections via waveguide and coaxial cables, in accordance with interface block diagram, including stress and thermal justification.
3. In conjunction with Assembly, Integration and Test department, we produce the definition of the payload assembly kitting, installation drawings and bill of materials to allow them to smoothly assemble our satellites in the quickest and most effective ways.
4. We also create the testing definition and detailed design to support the testing activities : jigs, MGSE, non flight RF hardware, from the specification to the readiness for assembly phase.
5. We are engaged in the transformation of our company, supporting the digitalization exercise, as a key actor in the product digitalization and data continuity.
During this internship, the activities you may undertake will include;
1. The successful candidate will be working with the CAD Process team on the Odyssey improvement Project. This project is designed to deliver significant financial savings to the business by reducing waste and using digitalisation as a key tool in improving end to end processes through the business.
2. The mission will be to look at specifying and documenting the process changes required for making the deployment of the new toolset (including 3DExperience / Catia V6) a success
3. The new way of working will need to be leaner so a great interaction with the stakeholders within and outside of the Mechaniocal Design Office will be mandatory.
4. At the end, the successful candidate will produce a report that will be presented in front of the department managers and other key stakeholders who will review the solution in order to approve it
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Please note our Internships are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
1. The successful candidate will have some experience and knowledge of the Dassault System tools (Catia V5 or V6 preferred).
2. Mechanical Engineering background
3. Some programming skills (VB, VB.net, php, mysql C#),
4. Presentation skills (creation & delivery)
5. Good spoken and written English
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
REGISTER YOUR CV