Callsdesk Operator / 1st Line Support Engineer: Microsoft IT Apprenticeship – Nottingham
This listing has expired
Not just any IT Apprenticeship, this is the MICROSOFT IT Apprenticeship and we are looking for YOU to start your career in IT Support!
CALLSDESK OPERATOR / 1ST LINE SUPPORT ENGINEER: In this role you will be working closely with the helpdesk engineers and the helpdesk manager to correctly log calls and gather as much information as possible for the engineers.
• Taking and logging calls from the client base, using helpdesk software
• Getting all the details of the job/problem from the client
• Providing 1st line support where possible (password resets, new PC set ups, new user set ups etc.)
• Follow standard working practices
• Provide technical recommendations
• Regularly update cases on the system
• Regularly update customers of case statuses
• Set up email and user accounts
• Monitor event logs and server usage
• Assist on the implementation of projects and new tech services
You will be the primary method of contact between our helpdesk and our clients.
This is an exciting Microsoft IT Apprenticeship opportunity with a well-established forward thinking IT Consultancy based in central Nottingham for an enthusiastic person (aged 16-18 to meet government criteria) to join their growing team. In this role, you would earn up to £7,500 per year, whilst learning on the job and gaining industry sought after Microsoft IT certifications.
• Well presented, excellent at written and verbal communication and confident on the telephone
• A logical and analytical thinker with the ability to solve problems
• Hardworking, professional with a proactive approach to work
• An enthusiastic individual that works well with others and a friendly, people orientated personality
• Excellent at managing your time, with great accuracy and attention to detail with practical and documentation tasks
• Flexible, inquisitive and have a willingness to learn
• Able to work without being chased and willing to go the extra mile to complete a task
• Qualified with a minimum of 5 GCSEs (grade C and above) including English and Maths
FUTURE PROSPECTS: Possible advancement to full time work as a helpdesk engineer dealing with 2nd and 3rd line helpdesk tasks, and project work (e.g. server migrations).
THE COMPANY was established in 1979 and are a dynamic and experienced technology company with offices in Nottingham, Chippenham, Lincoln, Peterborough and Southampton. They offer flexible IT Services for every business and personalised advice that always puts their clients’ business needs first
They have grown in a number of specialised sectors, including bespoke website and software development, Healthcare and Data Cabling to name a few. They are well known and respected in their fields as they care for their customers and avoid the “one size fits all” ethic. They understand that reliable IT Services are integral to business success and pride themselves in providing products and services that enable their customers to achieve their best and grow.
IT Skills Management is the most successful company in placing apprentices in the IT sector and 92% of Microsoft IT Apprentices stay with the company with which they started their apprenticeship. We have a unique relationship with Microsoft and are their official partner for their highly accredited Apprenticeship Program, which has been designed for and developed by Microsoft Partner companies to help bring new talent into the industry. With various reports stating there is a large shortage of IT skills, which are needed to help the economic growth, this is an ideal time to join the IT industry.
Please note that full government funding is only available to candidates aged between 16 and 18 years and part funding may be available for those under the age of 24.
REGISTER YOUR CV