2020 UK Graduate Mechanical Scheme
2020 UK Graduate Mechanical Scheme 41400BR
2020 UK Graduate Mechanical Scheme
Altrincham, Blackburn, Cambridge, Croydon, Derby, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hinckley, Leeds and Shifnal
What will you be getting up to?
Our graduate mechanical engineers are helping to solve new challenges in smart ways. Join these experts and you’ll be part of minimising energy use and cost, while maximising performance and reliability.
Our mechanical engineers play pivotal roles in designing and delivering sustainable solutions. By fine tuning operation while safeguarding resilience and durability, they are constantly working to get the most from existing assets.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Power: Imagine what it would be like to be responsible for bringing sustainable energy solutions to both UK and global projects. With our experts, you’ll be doing just that. They work on large scale projects including thermal generation and nuclear power. We have opportunities in the following location: Glasgow.
- Transport: You’ll have the chance to work on rail and road developments alongside our transport team whose portfolio includes projects such as Crossrail, HS2, and the expansion of Heathrow airport. We have opportunities in the following locations: Altrincham, Derby & Croydon.
- Water: You’ll be working with specialists that have been involved in projects such as the Thames Tideway scheme in London and the Scottish Water development programme. Water is an essential part of our everyday lives, therefore our teams are responsible for water pumping solutions, clean and wastewater treatment plants, and pipelines. We have opportunities in the following locations: Blackburn, Cambridge, Derby, Edinburgh & Leeds.
- Oil & Gas: We are responsible for providing technical, business and management consulting services in relation to all electrical transmission and distribution and Oil & Gas technologies. We have opportunities in the following location: Hinkley.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for mechanical engineering, as well as a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
• Mechanical engineering
• Building Services engineering
• Aeronautical engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture.
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you as much experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We will support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as;
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we’ll ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of from your very first day.
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education