2020 UK Graduate Electrical Scheme 41402BR
This listing has expired
2020 UK Graduate Electrical Scheme
Altrincham, Birmingham, Blackburn, Brighton, Bristol, Birmingham, Cambridge, Croydon, Durham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Newport, Shifnal, Southampton, York
What will you be getting up to?
Our graduate electrical engineers work in world class teams to design and deliver sustainable solutions. Our work spans a variety of sectors including building services, power, transportation, telecoms, and water.
As the digital revolution is applied to the provision of essential services, electrical engineering will play a central role in creating smart infrastructure, helping to deliver better and quicker performance.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Railways: You’ll be learning from a team with a wealth of experience who work with power distribution, energy management systems and transport networks including rail electrification (traction power) and signalling. We have opportunities in the following locations: Altrincham, Birmingham, Croydon & York.
- Power: You’ll have the chance to work on large scale projects alongside our teams. From protection devices and tidal sources to power transmission and distribution technologies – you’ll have a real variety when it comes to working with power generation sources such oil and gas and nuclear. We have opportunities in the following locations: Altrincham, Brighton, Croydon & Glasgow.
- Water: Water is essential to our everyday lives. With our water teams, you’ll be involved in a range of projects; from sewage electrical systems pumps to the design of electrical elements. We have opportunities in the following locations: Brighton, Blackburn, Cambridge, Durham, Edinburgh, Shifnal, Leeds & Newport.
- Intelligent transport systems: As part of this team, you’ll certainly be learning from the best. With over 20 years of experience delivering robust and innovative technology services, our experts work closely with public and private sector clients worldwide. We have opportunities in the following locations: Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow & Southampton.
“Working here has been an exciting challenge for me. I have been exposed to and involved in various aspects of the power transmission and distribution industry in such a short time frame due to the diversity of the projects I’ve worked on.” Dadiso Musarurwa, Graduate Electrical Engineer
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for electrical engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:2 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
• Electrical engineering
• Building services engineering specialising in electrical engineering
• Architectural engineering
• Engineering science specialising in electrical
• Power systems engineering
When you apply you will be asked to choose which sectors you are applying for; your sector choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen sector through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture;
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as:
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineering (CIBSE).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in.From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
REGISTER YOUR CV