2020 UK Graduate Building Services Scheme
2020 UK Graduate Building Services Scheme 41405BR
2020 UK Graduate Building Services Scheme
Aberdeen, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Croydon, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester and Sheffield
What will you be getting up to?
Our graduate building services engineers are responsible for the functional design which takes buildings from an empty shell to a pleasant space to live and work in. Our teams are responsible for ensuring health and safety requirements are met, while creating a visually appealing and comfortable environment.
As a building services engineer you will be helping to provide cost effective and sustainable solutions to ensure buildings perform in an efficient and effective manner. Our projects are not just within the UK, they are international. They also span a variety of sectors, including defence, transport, utilities, energy, public and private sector. Some of our notable projects include HS2, Royal Navy Britannia College and the Somerset Energy Innovation Centre (part of the Hinkley power station project).
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Mechanical: you’ll help to create a comfortable environment by designing the mechanical components of necessities such as heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and domestic water services. We have opportunities in the following locations: Cambridge, Croydon, Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, London & Manchester.
- Electrical: Some of the exciting projects you’ll be involved in include the installation of necessities such as power, lighting, fire systems and security. We have opportunities in the following locations: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Croydon, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Sheffield & Manchester.
- Public health: this is a varied role so you’ll really be able to get stuck in. Our teams are involved in many aspects of public health including the design systems for water supply and sanitation to help resolve water and energy related challenges. We have opportunities in the following locations: Croydon and London
We’re looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for building services engineering, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Building Services engineering
- Engineering or science with keen interest in buildings
You should be able to demonstrate your interest in building services through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- A methodical approach to problem solving
- The ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail with the ability to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion:
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
About this scheme – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the start of your career with us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution such as:
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
Specialists in public health can opt to be chartered with the Society of Public Health Engineers (SoPHE).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we’ll ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It’s worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.
- Business, Finance & Law
- Creative, Fashion & Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Energy & Renewables
- Hair & Beauty
- Health, Child Care & Education
- Hospitality & Travel
- I.T. & Telecoms
- Landbased / Environmental
- Motor Vehicle
- Sport & Fitness
- Transport & Logistics
- Accountancy & Financial Management
- Armed Forces
- Civil & Structural Engineering
- Construction & Building Services
- Consumer Goods & FMCG
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Hospitality, Leisure & Travel
- HR & Recruitment
- Investment Banking & Investment
- IT & Technology
- Law Barristers
- Law Solicitors
- Logistics, Transport & Supply Chain
- Management & Business
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Media, Journalism & Publishing
- Public Service, Charity & Social Work
- Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
- Retail, Buying & Merchandising
- Science & Research
- Teaching & Education