Care Assisstant Apprentice
This listing has expired
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To deliver excellent standards of personal and social care to residents, paying attention to detail, and to the things that matter to residents.
2. To help ensure the well being of residents by providing regular meaningful 1:1 and group activity, and enabling resident participation in organised events and outings.
3. To use appropriate, gentle and loving/expressive touch in caring for residents, in line with their preferences and changing needs.
4. To support residents and their families, friends and representatives on their admission, transfer within Olivet, or transfer to another home.
5. To work with and support General Assistants in their objectives to help ensure residents are hydrated and encouraged to eat a healthy diet.
6. To participate fully in handover meetings for incoming staff, focusing on the well being of all residents and communicating accurate information in verbal and written form, to enable consistent care to be given.
7. To contribute to the review of person-centred care plans and risk assessments for residents by ensuring changes in care are communicated to care planners.
8. To assist in the giving of medication, when trained to do so, in a safe manner, under the supervision of a medication administrator.
9. To prepare and participate fully in personal appraisal and supervision by a nominated appraiser, treating each occasion as a valuable communication opportunity.
10. To promote the health and safety of everyone in the home, in accordance with mandatory training principles, reporting and recording complaints, accidents and incidents to the person in charge or management according to policies and procedures.
11. To attend and participate fully in staff and other meetings, as required.
12. To provide specific care for residents, including:
a. Intimate personal care, including assisting residents to the toilet, washing, showering/bathing and dressing
b. Regular observation of residents, resolving or reporting any changes, and liaising with in-house nursing staff as required
c. Promoting the mobility and continence of residents
d. Taking specimens and testing urine as required under the direction of nursing staff.
e. Preventing, monitoring and recording the effects of pressure, in accordance with the care plan and repositioning instructions.
f. Awareness and implementation of infection control measures in line with mandatory training principles.
g. Encouraging and supporting residents to meet their nutrition and hydration needs and to monitor and record intake where appropriate.
h. Enabling residents to maintain and improve their mobility and in the use of mobility aids.
i. Contributing to the care of dying residents and their families, providing comfort, privacy and emotional support.
j. Helping to maintain contact with relatives, friends and welfare committee members
k. Escorting residents to external health appointments when required.
l. Maintaining confidentiality in relation to personal information of residents and staff, in accordance with mandatory training principles.
13. To act at all times in accordance with Equalities legislation and best practice, helping to ensure that equality of access to the home and its services is maintained, and that discriminatory behaviour is not tolerated.
14. To undertake any other duties reasonably allocated by the Home Manager or other managers.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Working Week : 30-37.5 Hours- shift work
Weekly Wage : £105.00
Application Deadline: 26-02-2018
Possible Start Date : 05-03-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV