Care Assistant Apprentice VAC-32880
This listing has expired
– Where you’ll work
Broadwater Lodge is a welcoming care home, located in the town of Godalming
Our friendly, experienced team provides residential, nursing and respite care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer’s and other types of dementia. We also offer supportive and sensitive end of life care.
We get to know each resident on a one-to-one basis, so that we can make their care programme as individual as they are. We offer residents a choice in everything that we do and we build strong relationships with each person, their family and their friends.
Every month we hold a relaxed meeting with residents and their relatives, to discuss how we can make improvements to day-to-day life at Broadwater Lodge. It’s a great opportunity for everyone to share their ideas and make suggestions about things like our menu.
– About You
You don’t need any experience. What you do need is core values suited to working in a care environment. You’re a compassionate, can-do person looking to start a career as a carer. You know how important it is to treat people as individuals. You’re keen to earn while you learn, gaining new skills, experience’s without going to college and taking on debt. You want to progress quickly with the opportunity to explore exciting career options with a supportive employer.
Your Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
The Care UK apprenticeship programme begins with a 12-week induction. This combines practical training with e-learning to give you the basic skills you’ll need. Once you’ve completed this, you’ll start on the job. Working as part of a friendly, close-knit care team, you’ll learn how to provide high quality care to residents in a safe manner. At the same time, we’ll give you the support you need to make a success of your apprenticeship. You’ll attend regular training workshops and you’ll have a mentor to encourage and support you.
• Deliver high quality personal care following the care plan and individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort and dignity of each resident
• Adhere to the local Safeguarding policy, incorporating the Duty of Candour requirements
• Deliver of care that it is of high quality and maintains the dignity and well-being of residents
• Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice and consent and uphold these basic rights at all times
• Contribute to the individualised person centered care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations
• Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with all company policy and procedures whilst at work
• Carry out responsibilities for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty
• In consultation with the residents/families offer support to maintain the resident’s room, clothing and property in order
• Establish professional working relationships with the residents as well as their families and friends, to provide a safe and reassuring environment
• Work collaboratively within the team to promote a healthy, professional and friendly atmosphere for all residents as well as their families and friends
• Support new residents and their families and friends in orientation of the home environment
• Maintain communication and working relationships with healthcare professionals in the home
• Be professional, courteous and transparent in your communication
• Assist and actively encourage the social care and the well-being of residents
• Escort residents out of the home when required for appointments etc. following completion of a risk assessment by the registered nurse
• Attend opportunities for personal training and development to meet CareUK and the apprenticeship programme requirements
• Commit to and complete the requirements of the apprenticeship
• Complete any other reasonable task requested by the Clinical Lead or Home Manager which is within your competence
• To assist the resident with any personal care required (i.e help toileting, changing pads, washing etc).
• Assisting at meal times.
• Helping residents to get up in the morning and to bed in the evenings. (This may include hoisting. Training will be given).
• Offering companionship and keeping the residents company throughout the day.
• Updating and reviewing any care plans.
• Liaising with Senior Carers and Team Leaders.
• Escalating and issues or concerns to Senior Carers and Team Leaders.
• Ensure that residents are safeguarded effectively.
• Ensure the residents safety at all times.
• Manual handling.
• Team work and Relationship Building.
As an apprentice at Care UK, you can look forward to:
Full-time 12-month apprenticeship (minimum 30 hours per week)
Competitive pay – we pay the National Living Wage
High quality 12-week induction
Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
Option to apply for Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (if successful at Level 2)
Opportunity to work towards a nursing or management role
Thousands of online and in-store discounts
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Working Week : 30 hours per week – shift work
Weekly Wage : £255.00
Application Deadline: 03-09-2018
Possible Start Date : 10-09-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV