Care Assistant apprentice VAC-46365
This listing has expired
Main duties and responsibilities
1. To provide special experiences to residents, which promote choice and independence that make a positive difference to their daily lives.
2. Achieve the highest possible standards of care to enhance the resident experience by ensuring individual needs are met in accordance with company policy and individual care plans, including but not limited to assisting with personal hygiene, bathing, dressing and continence management.
3. Assist with resident mobility and pressure relief using approved, safe moving and handling techniques and equipment.
4. Communicate clearly with residents; taking into account individual needs and ability, ensuring communication aids are used appropriately in accordance with care plans.
5. Accurately record and communicate to senior care colleagues, key observations and findings whilst respecting resident confidentiality in accordance with the Information Governance Policy.
6. Assist with the orientation, admission, transfer and discharge of residents, handling personal property appropriately.
7. Contribute to and ensure a safe and clean care environment at all times, taking immediate action to control any risks or hazards.
8. Ensure any necessary training is completed as required and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant policies and guidelines which impact on the role.
9. Act as a Key Worker to designated residents; obtaining a sound knowledge of the Resident’s life history, routines, personality and physical health
10. Introduce, assist and participate with activities which reflect the individual choices and interests of the residents in our care; striving to achieve the highest possible quality of life for residents and maintain relationships with their families, friends and the community.
11. Establish and implement factors which influence the wellbeing of the resident and the way in which they would choose to receive their care and support, ensuring that any concerns are passed on to the Senior Carer/Nurse in Charge immediately.
12. Communicate professionally and warmly with all visitors to the home including family and friends
13. To ensure all machines and equipment are in good working order and report any faults immediately. If any machine is felt to be dangerous, to withdraw it from service immediately.
14. When required, accompany residents to appointments outside the home.
15. (Ensure timely registration with SSSC and compliance with regulatory requirements of SSSC thereafter – Scotland only).
• To be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others whilst at work, including colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home and for alerting the officers responsible to any hazards or potential risks to health and safety.
• To be fully conversant with the FSHC policies relating to Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Whistleblowing.
• To ensure compliance with the FSHC Information Governance Policy, maintaining an appropriate level of confidentiality around issues that may be personal or commercially sensitive.
• Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships both with colleagues, residents, visitors and other health professionals and agencies.
• To act as an ambassador for the FSHC company Vision and Values.
• To promote equality and diversity at all times and across all work activities.
• To adhere to FSHC policies and procedures.
• Attend mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when required
• To undertake any other duties and accountabilities which would be lawful, reasonable and appropriate to the role.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Health and Social Care
Working Week : 33 hours shift work
Weekly Wage : £231.00
Application Deadline: 09-12-2019
Possible Start Date : 16-12-2019
REGISTER YOUR CV