Apprentice Sprinkler Design Engineer
Apprentice Sprinkler Design Engineer 30987
About this opportunity
A&F Sprinkler Services Ltd are currently looking for an Apprentice Sprinkler Design Engineer to join their dynamic and down to earth contracts team.
A normal day would include:
We are a multi-talented so can we can accommodate all levels of experience and abilities. We offer training to achieve the required credentials, we can accommodate someone who is interested in Sprinkler sales but doesn’t yet have any experience. – IT’S ALL ABOUT YOU!
The main duties within the department include:
Training will be provided so the candidate will become proficient in sprinkler system design which will include the following:
• Pre Producing sprinkler design plans using AutoCAD and other design software
• Spacing of sprinkler heads
• Selection of the appropriate sprinkler head for the correct application
• Routing of sprinkler pipework
• Bracket selection and design
• Hydraulic calculations of the sprinkler system
• Sprinkler block plans & nodded drawings
Health & Safety:
Reading from work instructions and controlling documentation.
Keeping work area clean and tidy and working as part of a team.
Following good health and safety working practices in line with Company procedures.
What you could go on to do
Potential progression to gain experience in other areas of the business
How you will be supported
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role combined with a structured in-house training programme with the Company.
What will happen next
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
• More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
• Any training you need to complete
• What the next steps will be
How you could get there
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner to see how you would get there and how long it would take. We have an initiative through Transport for Greater Manchester that can potentially offer a free refurbished bike and a 28 days bus pass to assist with travel to work for apprentices
What you should have to apply
• Minimum of 5 GCSE’s (inc English, Maths)
• Basic AutoCAD 2D & 3D skills (preferred)
• Full UK driving licence is advantageous but not essential
• A presentable person with a desire to learn new skills
• Good interpersonal/team working skills
• Dependable/good time keeping
• Positive attitude to work and personal development
• Must be prepared to work in a manufacturing based environment
• Ability to work in a logical organised manner
• Have a good ability in ITC and design skills
• Be able to produce accurate work
• Good communicator – verbal and written (emphasis on team working skills)
• Able to read and follow technical instructions
REGISTER YOUR CV