Catering Assistant Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
Richmond Park Golf Course is the flagship venue within the Glendale Golf group. Glendale is the “green business” of Parkwood Holdings plc, with “green thinking” at the core of everything we do. Glendale is one of the largest green services providers within, and operating throughout, the UK, with revenues of around £45 million. Glendale activities include; grounds management, countryside management, landscaping, horticulture and golf course management. Glendale has the objective of continuing to grow whilst focussing on improved profitability.
Glendale has always been forward looking and has re-launched itself as a company that is “…a deeper green”. “Green thinking” is the core of everything we do.
As an Apprentice Catering Assistant, you will be working under the guidance of the Food & Beverage Manager, the role of Catering Assistant is to ensure that the kitchen and restaurant areas are clean and operational.
Due to the nature of our business, the Catering Assistant’s role is quite diverse, so there will be involvement in basic food preparation, restaurant waiting-on duties and on-course catering.
The role is based in our clubhouse restaurant, located within the stunning surroundings of Richmond Park.
Summary, Duties & Responsibilities:
● Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic.
● Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately.
● Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients.
● Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts.
● Disposing of rubbish.
● Organising linen laundry.
● Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
● Basic food preparation alongside Chefs.
● Supporting the Front of House team with food service and waiting on.
● On-course catering, including operating our Catering Buggy.
Qualification & Skills
Full training will be provided for this role, including Food Hygiene Level 2 certification.
● Staff uniform and PPE provided.
● Opportunities to progress within a large organisation.
● Free golf at all Glendale Golf Courses.
● Subsidised staff meals.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : 30 Hours Per Week Including Weekends and Evenings
Weekly Wage : £180.00
Application Deadline: 26-02-2018
Possible Start Date : 05-03-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV